I'd give my right arm for......

I heard a rumor that if you wanted points at BCV, you were going to have to give your right arm to Disney. :teeth:

Speaking which, I would be curious to hear what the rumor situation was before BCV was announced. Was it an open secret? A partial secret? A surprise to all?

It seems to me that SSR was largely a surprise as everyone thought Eagle Pines was a done deal. Though SSR also immediately made sense once I heard about it.

Now, this may all be part of the rumor mill, but didn't I hear that Disney or CR needs to make an annoucement soon on what their plans are for the North Wing of CR? Since they are renovating the South Wing and the Tower, aren't we expecting word on the North Wing? Are there any timeframes on that annoucement? And wouldn't that clear up this rumor about a DVC at CR? :confused3

And please correct me if I'm wrong. I guess I'm actually part of the whole problem here :earboy2: , b/c I'm just passing on what I have heard previously from these boards. Sorry... :rolleyes1

Stitch 03 said:
Maybe they will wait and announce the CRV (if it does happen), next spring early summer.

I think that absolutely will happen. According to MousePlanet's schedule, the South Garden Wing won't re-open until September '06 and they'll be working on the Tower until late 2007. Combine that with the fact that the last buildings at Saratoga Springs won't open for two more years and I don't think there's any great urgency to make an announcement.

If the annual meetings in 2 months pass without any formal mention, I don't think anything is pending.

Then we can have almost a whole other year of dissecting this rumor. I can already hear the screams generated by that last sentence.

Not from me. These rumors are older than my kids.

ryanmilla said:
Now, this may all be part of the rumor mill, but didn't I hear that Disney or CR needs to make an annoucement soon on what their plans are for the North Wing of CR? Since they are renovating the South Wing and the Tower, aren't we expecting word on the North Wing? Are there any timeframes on that annoucement? And wouldn't that clear up this rumor about a DVC at CR? :confused3

And please correct me if I'm wrong. I guess I'm actually part of the whole problem here :earboy2: , b/c I'm just passing on what I have heard previously from these boards. Sorry... :rolleyes1

That may of been me stating that we should know an answer soon. My opinion is not based on any official word, but just trying to think through things logically. Then again applying logic to Disney may not be the smartest thing.

I just do not see disney doing renos on the Tower and the South Wing, but leaving the North Wing. I could just hear the front desk clerks:

'...and would you like one of our beautiful re-furnished rooms in the Tower or S. Wing. Rooms that would now rival some of the best hotel rooms in the country. Or would you prefer one of our dated, garish rooms from a bygone era in the N. Wing'

So regardless of your position on the CRV, I see one of two scenarios:

1) In the next six months or so Disney will announce the closure of the N. Wing to be re-done similar to the Tower and S. Wing. This announcement will kill the CRV N. Wing rumor for about 10 years.

2) In the next six months or so Disney will announce the closure of the N. Wing to be re-done as a DVC.

Option 2 may have a few other iterations. Ex. they just close the N. Wing with no announcement of its fate. Or perhaps they close it and the wrecking ball shows up with no formal announcement being made.

Regardless of your opinion on the probablility of CRV beoming a reality, there is a strong case for us seeing some closure in the not to distant future.

some people here guessed that BCV was for us. I didn't.

I told them they were crazy....

VWL was announced in advance.

they have to complete so much of the thing before they can officially announced it. (or they did)

with SSR - the ground work was done. It was a surprise but not a big one. staying at OKW it was plain to see that DI was half full if that much. Disney had to do something with it.

I am interested in the rumor that Doc mentioned about Pop Century. I know a lot of you hate value resorts. But I really, really like this one. If it is a good deal I will buy it.

Stitch 03 said:
Regardless of your opinion on the probablility of CRV beoming a reality, there is a strong case for us seeing some closure in the not to distant future.

And I don't see any great urgency to do that for the next 12 months while the South Garden Wing remains closed. Maybe they will make an announcement on its future before September '06, but I just don't see anything that would indicate an absolute need.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter