Id tags for kids

dbbutz

Earning My Ears
We are leaving for Disney on 2/10.
I was wondering what type of ID to use for my
ds-9yrs and my dd-4 yrs.
I think the 9 yr old is old enought to understand "If we get separated
meet us as________". The younger one is not old enough for this.
I do not want anything to conspicuous(sp?) but I would like her to have some
kind of ID stating who she is and hotel room, and our names.
Any ideas?
Thanks,

Other people on the boards have suggested going to a pet shop and getting the dog tags engraved with the info that you need on them and then tying them onto their kids shoelaces.

Actually I was thinking about doing that.
leaving in 5 days/13 hours

Our local Walmart (this is a small town) has a vending machine in the "lobby" with id tags in it. It cost $3-$5 and comes in a variety of shapes (hearts, circles, bones). You type in your info and it prints it. The tags are metal just like you see on dogs! I just put our cell phone number on it and tied it on my kid's shoelace. If you are staying onsite, it guess you could put the resort name too. You shouldn't put your name or kid's names on it though. Don't want to give out too much information! Kids ages 9 & 4 should be able to tell a CM their parent's names if necessary. Hope this helps!

Someone once told me that the Guest Services at your hotel would make up ID tags for kids. Has anyone else ever heard of this?

Guest Services used to have paper tags that you could print the info on and pin inside their clothing.

I read this idea on this board a couple of years ago and it worked very well.... buy those cheap little plastic key chains that have the paper in the middle that you can write on. Write the childs name, parents names, phone # or whatever other info you need. They have pieces of clear plastic that fit back over the paper to protect it from water etc. Attach the little chain to the kids beltloop and then tuck the remainder into their pocket so no one can see their name. If your child happens to get lost, they just reach into their pocket and they have all the info they need.

27 more days for us!:)

Shrinky Dinks!!!!! I just made one for dd tonight. Gosh they're so much fun!!!! :D

I print my cell phone # and ID on masking tape and place the tape on the inside of the kids's back collars, they never feel it but know they are there, so if they get lost, they simply have to remember to tell the CM to look under their collar.

I lost my dd at a Science Center when she was 4 years old! YIKES! It was scary!

You beat me to it....I thought of the Shrinky Dink idea this afternoon. You can make them into the shape of Mouseears with all the info, punch 2 holes, 1 on each side and lace it through the shoe. This way the do not look like pet tags but have the same info. We are doing this for our up coming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter