id with hoppers

penlanspice

Addicted 2 disney
hi
i've bought hopper passes and on them it says you have to take id when using them. do they check at the parks, as i don't really want to carry my passport about all day.

thanks

sam

Hi Sam ........ I've just checked the smallprint on the back of the hoppers we used April 2001, and it does say that but we didn't read it! Nor were we asked for any ID.
Post September 11th, they did say that they would be checking ID, but most people's experience seems to be that they haven't.
We are doing one of the tours and I know we have to bring ID for that and so I shall reluctantly take my passport as I only have an old-style driving license, but like you I am worried about having it with me all day.

... I know I'm going slightly off-topic but I loved the passes they used to sell at the gates of the WDW parks - they used to take your photo and put them onto the tickets! They are such great souvenirs of our holidays!

Anyway, sorry about the reminiscing........ back to the topic!!

We've always worried about that too. But in the last 6 trips we've never been asked???
I did once see a couple in front of us at the gate being turned away, but I suspect that there must have been another reason for this.
Anyway, this year, we've decided to get the new driving license with the photographs on, just in case we do need photo i.d. for anything, like travellers cheques etc.
Ian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter