Ideas for a night light

DisGo2Girl

Earning My Ears
Before we visited WDW around Halloween we found a great, cheap Halloween light that we used as a night light. It was a black plastic "candle" with a Jack-O-Lantern on top and 4 watt light inside ($1.97 at Walmart). We stayed at the All Star Sports resort and put it on the vanity, in front of the mirror. It gave us enough light that we could see in the bathroom during the night, but we didn't really have to wake up fully as we would with the overhead bathroom light. It also kept the festive holiday mood even in the dark when it looked like the Jack-O-Lantern was floating in the air(the light was only in the top).

We are going back during the Christmas Season and I already found a small molded plastic Holiday figure and put a light inside it to use the same way! I found a single 4-5 watt light with an in-line switch for $1.97. (They are designed to use in those Christmas villages that go under the tree.) The figure is one that is supposed to go over outdoor low-voltage pathway lights, if you know what I'm talking about. Found both at Walmart again. Will probably fit in a shoe in my suitcase.

I like the night lights that give off a soft green glow. I can't remember what they're called, but you can buy them at Home Depot. I hate regular night lights because they're too bright. These are just right!

if you get one that isn't too bright, you can let a small child us them while on dark rides( like the HM) it will calm a nervous child and still be dim enough to not disturb other riders!;)

Dollar Tree has green glow nightlites with either a wreath or a tree as the design inside. Cute, and only $1.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

our fridge and tv were plugged into the only available socket for our nightlight (at POR).
We opted for leaving the bathroom light on and the bathroom door cracked about 2 inches.
(not MY electric bill :) )

WE leave the bathroom light on with the door mostly closed. Also, the "tap lights" make a good night light.

The nightlight is a great idea, but also we make sure we bring the child safety plugs for all the outlets in the room. My kids both love to play in the room and sometimes those outlets can be really dangerous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter