Ideas for book please!!!

Maple

Mouseketeer
I am looking for ideas on a book I want to make for my DD who is graduating form high school this year. I am making a separate scrap book for senior year but this one I am not sure on how to go about it. I want to put like life's quotes type things in it and thoughts of my own. Has anyone done this? Would you hand write it or use computer? Would you use scrap book paper and stickers or what? I just can't get a picture in my head yet on how to do it.

I know someone must have done something like this. Please send those ideas on to me.

I've never done anything like this, but I did receive a mother's book when my ds was born. It has spaces in it for me to write all kinds of different things from receipes to beliefs to funny stories, etc. My MIL bought it for me, so I'm not sure where she got it but I am sure they have them at Barnes & Noble. Maybe you could atleast look at one of those preprinted ones and then build off of that on your own. I think it sounds like a wonderful idea! Good luck.

I would hand write your thoughts at least. I read in one of my scrapbooking magazines that the handwriting is important. When I read that, I realized how right they are. When I lost my father, I treasured every thing that I had that he had written in his own hand. I didn't have much. Thankfully, I have lots of letters from my mother in her writing that I've kept over the years. I wish that I had stuff in my grandparents own writing.

I've never done anything like this either. I've been thinking about doing it because I also got one of those mother books and there is so much in there that I just didn't have info to write. I think a homemade one would be so much more special. I agree with the previous poster. I would look in the stores for one of the premade ones for ideas for yours. My daughters are 20 & 17 and I haven't even done a scrapbook for them yet. My mother has put some things together for me and they are my most important treasures.

I haven't done one specifically like this either, but we were just at the bookstore the other day and saw something that records HS memories.

It had a place for first day thoughts/memories, friends/boyfriend, activities, current music/movies/phrases/events/fads, prom/formals, first car/job, favorite classes/teachers, thoughts on what the future years might bring, including a place to put college/career aspirations, and just about anything else you could think of.

I thought it was pretty neat and gave me some thoughts to create one for my DD (she is a freshman now).

As far as journaling, I tend to write in my own hand my thoughts/memories. However if I'm doing quotes from someone else, then I do them on the computer.

Hope this helps.

Maple said:
I am looking for ideas on a book I want to make for my DD who is graduating form high school this year. I am making a separate scrap book for senior year but this one I am not sure on how to go about it. I want to put like life's quotes type things in it and thoughts of my own. Has anyone done this? Would you hand write it or use computer? Would you use scrap book paper and stickers or what? I just can't get a picture in my head yet on how to do it.

Have you tried http://www.scrapbook.com/quotes.php
They have different quotes, titles and poems for different occasions.

Thank you, I never even thought of checking a book store. Yes, I can see now that hand writing would be more special. Going to check ou that site also. Thank you, this gave me a little push now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter