If I add a night to reservation last minute?

linco711

DIS Veteran
If I add a night to our reservation last minute, will it complicate my original reservation? We originally booked six months in advance. I asked for a ground floor for medical reasons. I was wondering if adding on a room would make it less likely that we would get a ground floor.

The last time I did this, our reservation was really messed up. We were given 1 room, than had to move to another the next day for the balance of our days…Hoping someone will know how the reservation system works.

If it is the same room type, then just modify your original reservation and add the night so it stays one. This way, it won't impact the requests. If it is booked as a different one, but still the same room type, give MS a call and ask them to put in a request to have it combined. This usually takes 24 to 48 hours...though they will tell you it could take 5 to 7 days...

Once you check in, mention it to them if its still two reservations and make sure you are slated for the same room because if you are not, that is the time they could try to change it for you.

If it is the same room type, then just modify your original reservation and add the night so it stays one. This way, it won't impact the requests. If it is booked as a different one, but still the same room type, give MS a call and ask them to put in a request to have it combined. This usually takes 24 to 48 hours...though they will tell you it could take 5 to 7 days...

Once you check in, mention it to them if its still two reservations and make sure you are slated for the same room because if you are not, that is the time they could try to change it for you.
Just added on! I was shocked to see last minute availability! Fingers crossed 🤞

I know! Last week, my DD was supposed to fly to Ireland for a week. She decided to postpone on Wednesday night and I could not believe we got her 3 nights at SSR in a 1 bedroom starting last Saturday on just 3 nights notice!

Happy for you!!!

I felt very lucky on Friday when health issues caused us to miss the cruise. ( We had insurance, I went to Urgent Care, so just disappointed, not devastated.). I called and was able to get two nights at VB, same day, where I recovered fully. Thankfully, we had points to borrow!! Buying the one time points for even one night would have been over $300!

I know! Last week, my DD was supposed to fly to Ireland for a week. She decided to postpone on Wednesday night and I could not believe we got her 3 nights at SSR in a 1 bedroom starting last Saturday on just 3 nights notice!

Happy for you!!!

What a happy surprise. I love when that happens. I want Sunday from the very beginning and have been trying for 6 months. 4 days before check in and there it was…amazing

I felt very lucky on Friday when health issues caused us to miss the cruise. ( We had insurance, I went to Urgent Care, so just disappointed, not devastated.). I called and was able to get two nights at VB, same day, where I recovered fully. Thankfully, we had points to borrow!! Buying the one time points for even one night would have been over $300!

wow that is amazing! VB is very hard to get..lucky you👍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter