"If I can't stay at -

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
then I don't want to go." Anyone else this "fanatical" about a particular DVC resort? DH is-he even told me, "If you can't get OKW that week, we'll have to pick a different week." I just shake my head at this and wonder, is anyone else this loyal to one DVC resort? BTW, he always thought Richyams had it right!

We aren't really that fanatical about any one resort. We love OKW, but have branched out over the years and tried BCV and BWV. We have visited the WLV, but it is usually not our first choice due to the fact we are from the northeast, and the scenery just feels too much like "home". I like the tropical feel when I am in Disney! :sunny:

We also visited SSR on our last trip. It was HUGE! Very spread out, and lots of construction still taking place. I don't think that one would be high on our list either, but who knows?! We will probably try everywhere at least once! ::MickeyMo

We aren't quite that bad, but we do strongly prefer OKW. When we have stayed elsewhere, I really miss the feel of OKW. Completely dislike BWV, haven't tried BCV, and VWL looks and feels too much like my own log home, so not what I expect of a Florida vacation. We stayed in SSR last year, but couldn't wait until the end of the weekend when we were moving to OKW.

Simba's Mom said:
"If you can't get OKW that week, we'll have to pick a different week." QUOTE]

Has OKW ever been not available?

::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Oh yeah!!!! It's Beach Club or BUST!!!

:wave:

Beca

We always seem to try for BCV 1st (we own at VWL) but really any one will do. I just want to be there at WDW. I say if I can't stay on property then I don't want to go, but forced with the opprotuntiy to go and stay off prop I might even try it once! Infact our last try we ran out of points and got a good room rate for PORS and loved it. It isn't DVC, but it still is very nice.

So really, all DVC is good for me. OKW is actually my last choice, but still a great place. (we don't normally rent a car and have small kids.) We also tend to stay in studios to save points and get more trips in, and the studios at OKW aren't as wonderful as the 1 and 2 bedrooms. ;)

We are going in Jan and haven't booked yet since we are hopping to get a good AP code ands save points. Maybe we can get out of this contstant state of borrowing we are in. :banana:

My list of preferences:
BWV (location and action), BCV (location and pool), VWL (boat to MK), OKW (bang for the "buck" but far), SSR (new but far)

Simba's Mom, I knew as soon as I saw this subject & your name, that the question came from your husband :)!!

Well, we haven't actually stayed at a DVC yet... but our first DVC trip is scheduled for March/April 2006. I've book a std view studio at BWV for 4 of the 5 nights (wait listed for the last night) and I think I'm really going to like BWV, but I'm going to give some of the others a shot before I try and book there every time! :teeth:

Actually, I'm going down for a conference during that particular stay and will be there about 5-6 more nights after BWV and I'm not sure where we'll be staying for that portion of the trip.... maybe I can get them to book us at the BWI or Yacht Club. :teeth:

jade1 said:
Simba's Mom said:
"If you can't get OKW that week, we'll have to pick a different week." QUOTE]

Yep. I couldn't change my December ressie to a 2 bedroom lock off.

Just last week I tried to reserve a one bedroom villa at OKW for October, checking-in on Saturday the 22nd and checking-out Friday the 28th. Only three of the nights we needed were available. But, all six of the nights were available at SSR so we reserved there and waitlisted at OKW. We enjoyed our first stay at SSR so I'm confident we would enjoy our second stay. Still, I held off on making airline and car rental reservations - just in case I changed my mind. I was pleased when just this week all the waitlisted days at OKW were confirmed.

This Isn't about not liking the other resorts - I do - It's about preferring our home resort.

Had to waitlist for OKW for Oct 16th for studios so yes there are times what you want is not available.

If I just "had" to stay at one place, it would be VWL. However, we've both enjoyed things about all of our DVC stays, and so any one resort is fine with us! That's our only true preference, not to move rooms or resorts during on-site stays.

Bobbi :flower:

Had to waitlist for a 2 bedroom villa at OKW for the 1st week of Nov last year. My waitlist never came through. The entire 2 months I was waitlisted there weren't even any more 1 bedrooms left because I was considering reserving two 1 bedrooms if the 2 bedroom didn't come through. Every time I called to check status of waitlist, DVC and OKW both told me the resort was booked solid.
As for being fanatical.......we love OKW and prefer to book there, but have been known to branch out to try other resorts. I wouldn't cancel any resort if I couldn't have a particular one. I think all the DVC resorts are very nice. It's just we prefer the ambiance of OKW.

We prefer BCV but would never let lack of availability there keep us from taking a trip. We have yet to stay at SSR or OKW and we fully intend to at some point in the future. We are definitely not dogmatic about where we stay.

Beca said:
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Oh yeah!!!! It's Beach Club or BUST!!!

:wave:

Beca
Beca, can't say I blame you! That's why I go twice a year. Fortunately, I'm not as fanatically loyal to one resort, so of course, when we go together, it's OKW. But when I go by myself, it's "Beach Club or BUST!!" I do love it there. Last week, I stayed at BWV because BCV was full. Although BWV was beautiful, I found myself going over to BCV every chance I got-gelato, B&C, look for Art, visit Martha's Vineyard Lounge, etc.

We are not quite that bad I mean we love BWV and SSR but if we can't get them and are stuck with OKW we will still go that being said if we were ever stuck with BCV not that it would happen we would pass on that and go a different time we will not stay at BCV.

I have stayed in a couple of the resorts and I love our home resort of SSR. However, I wouldn't let unavailability at SSR keep me from going to Disney. All the resorts have their pluses and their minuses. If I am in Florida and at Disney, I will enjoy myself no matter what resort I'm at. I can have a good trip at one of the non-DVC resorts if I have to. At least I am away from work and enjoying the "Magic." We are trying another resort in January, and I can't wait. I plan on trying them all if I can. I would love to stay at HH (we've already tried Vero and loved it!). My son and daughter-in-law and granddaughter are going to HH for Labor Day weekend and I can't wait to hear what they think about it. They live just about 5 hours away, so if they like it, they will probably go several more times, because my son is in the military and they sometimes have to take short trips when they can get the time. :Pinkbounc

Im actually Thrilled that we like SSR so much, because it takes the pressure off of vacation planning at 11 months.

We really love BCV and thought that is where we would stay the most, so we purchased most of our points there. Now that we have spent alot of time at SSR too, we love them equally, with a slight lead to SSR because it is so close to DQ for the boys.

We have the best of both worlds, and I couldnt be happier with our DVC purchase because I know we can always get something onsite (within reason), and whatever we get, we will have a great time and really love because they are all great vacation destinations. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter