IF out of state residents can go to DL say by August...

I think out of state guests will be welcome sooner than everyone thinks just because of how quickly OC is moving through the tiers.
It's also other states, too. They're not going to want people to fly in from other problem areas.

EDIT: but there's definitely reason to be optimistic about what's happening in-state.

I'm feeling pretty good about our holiday trip and plane tickets are still dirt cheap right now for later this year .. just a heads up for others. Now that all the airlines let you change flights without fees makes things easier all around.

It's tempting to come sooner if the stars align but I'm still waiting to see what's all open (rides/restaurants) and what operating hours are..

You know, I was feeling sad that we switched to Disney World for our trip, having no idea when we might get back to DL. BUT, if things are still missing (restaurants closed, shows not in place, etc), I'd rather be at WDW where a) there is so much more stuff and b) I have never been so I won't even know what I'm missing.

But I am secretly planning a DL trip for as soon as I can after things at Disneyland are back to normal (or have found their new normal). Don't tell my husband 😇

You know, I was feeling sad that we switched to Disney World for our trip, having no idea when we might get back to DL. BUT, if things are still missing (restaurants closed, shows not in place, etc), I'd rather be at WDW where a) there is so much more stuff and b) I have never been so I won't even know what I'm missing.

But I am secretly planning a DL trip for as soon as I can after things at Disneyland are back to normal (or have found their new normal). Don't tell my husband 😇

Sing it sister! We're heading to WDW later this month, but it's our 3rd trip. We were supposed to go to DL in 2020 so I'm quietly planning a DL trip for this Fall IF the stars align and I feel I'll get my money's worth.

Sing it sister! We're heading to WDW later this month, but it's our 3rd trip. We were supposed to go to DL in 2020 so I'm quietly planning a DL trip for this Fall IF the stars align and I feel I'll get my money's worth.
I was looking at the VGC confirmed reservations today and there's one that would be perfect in December, but it would require that I take an unpaid day off AND it's less than a month before our WDW trip, so I know H will say no. I did insist that if we hate WDW, we have to plan a trip to DL soon after to make up for it, so I think I'll shoot for a fall/winter 2022 DL trip and then at least pretend to hate WDW so he has to agree to go :rotfl:

From the link above to the state's new guidance 4/2/21:
  • Fully vaccinated travelers:
    • are less likely to get and spread COVID-19, and can travel safely within the United States and California
    • should follow CDC travel guidance, and are not required to test or quarantine before or after travel unless they have symptoms concerning for COVID-19 disease.

So are they saying that vaccinated out of state people can come to California but not DLR, or can come to California AND go to DLR? I know they are still following the tiers, but I am having trouble with the tiers plus this information?

• are less likely to get and spread COVID-19, and can travel safely within the United States and California
    • should follow CDC travel guidance, and are not required to test or quarantine before or after travel unless they have symptoms concerning for COVID-19 disease.

So are they saying that vaccinated out of state people can come to California but not DLR, or can come to California AND go to DLR? I know they are still following the tiers, but I am having trouble with the tiers plus this information?
I saw somewhere on a thread that this guidance would not impact the tiers meaning you could travel to California but not go to a theme park. The state would have to change their theme park guidance which I don't believe that has occurred. Goodness knows I'm watching for it.

Come to California, but not the theme parks under the current tier system. The theme park guidelines have a separate tier system.

Yeah I’m booked in Aug too but will just push it back if they don’t let us in or offerings are still severely limited. We are wdw vets/APs& have 2 trips planned between now & aug so we can’t wait.

Am I the only person who thinks its odd that there are no residency restrictions on the dining events (like Taste of Disney) but there are on theme park attendance? I do understand there are some significant differences...it still just seems strange to me. I believe out of state guests will be welcome when (if?) everything reopens June 15th - my personal prediction.

Am I the only person who thinks its odd that there are no residency restrictions on the dining events (like Taste of Disney) but there are on theme park attendance?
During the pandemic, the state has been actively dissuading people from visiting California as tourists. As such, the rules for theme parks, sporting events, and concert venues were always more restrictive, since those are things that would normally bring a lot of tourists to California.

For Touch of Disney, Disney opened DCA as an outdoor mall to get around the theme park restrictions. Generally speaking, people don't normally travel to California to go to an outdoor mall. (And the state probably wasn't happy about it.)

Saw this posted on another Disney forum site and sharing here:

"For out-of-state people, visitcalifornia.com, which is basically a mouthpiece for the CA tourism office, has updated its travel policy:

“Coronavirus: With one of the nation’s highest vaccination rates and lowest case rates, nearly all of California is open to welcome visitors. All restrictions except those for conventions of more than 5,000 attendees are scheduled to lift statewide on June 15. California has issued a travel advisory that recommends caution and suggests self-quarantines for visitors from out of state and Californians returning to the state, but those steps are not mandatory. Public health officials have directed everyone in California to continue to wear face coverings in congested indoor and outdoor situations.”

Sounds like June 15th is really looking to be that magical date for us if all continues to go well. 🤞

All I can think about is just being in New Orleans Square again... Hopefully with an open Cafe Orleans too because I need those fries...!

So it looks like restrictions will be lifted June 15 (barring any spike)? We're looking to do a trip in October from out of town, we're both vaccinated (kids obviously aren't yet), and hoping to be able to visit for the first time!

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/06/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html
California, the first state to implement a lockdown for the coronavirus pandemic, plans to fully reopen activities and businesses beginning June 15, state officials said Tuesday....

As part of the June 15 reopening, Ghaly said, California will abandon its four-tier system that helps determine how open a county could be based on metrics like case rates and positivity rates.
Ghaly, too, said the date could be adjusted.
"We're looking at the supply and availability of vaccines. If the supply isn't there, we may make some tweaks to that June 15 date," he said, adding that "necessary precautions" would also be taken if Covid-19 hospitalizations rise.

Ghaly, too, said the date could be adjusted.
"We're looking at the supply and availability of vaccines. If the supply isn't there, we may make some tweaks to that June 15 date," he said, adding that "necessary precautions" would also be taken if Covid-19 hospitalizations rise.

Ahhh that whole "make some tweaks to that June 15 date" makes me nervous for trying to plan a July trip. I just don't trust them not to randomly switch goals again- they've done it before. 🙄

But on the bright side, everything I've read says there's nothing to indicate hospital rates will go up. So really depends on the vaccine supply then?

I'm confident you'll be good to go by October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter