IF the Big Cheese is reading, how would you improve DVC? *Updated Summary Post #105*

Well I am sorry to say that is not going to happen, I was told there are 5 future projects.

Okay Sammie, can you give us at least a hint???!!! ;)

Wait, let me guess...

CRV
DL
DLP
TDL - total longshot as I don't think this park is even owned by Disney?
Poly - will never happen but I can dream! ;)

Or how about a POTC themed DVC and waterpark on the old River Country site???!!!!! :cool1:

Ahhhhh, so many dreams, so few answers! :)

You know, this thread just points out that no matter WHAT perks DVC gives us, no one is ever satisfied. We hoped for so long to have discounted APs and now that we have them, everyone wants MORE. I'm just happy we get what we do. Now those requests for better housekeeping and individual room maintenance issues are good suggestions, and are not perks, but something I think all of us should expect for the dues we pay.

An important one to me is the full cleaning at 4 days. Considering dues amounts this should be a given. A dream request from me would be a percentage discount (10 - 20) to be used at any store/eatery. I love my pins! I honestly think such a discount would be a real enticement to prospective buyers.

We got the annual pass discount, so nothing is out of reach.

Terry
:earsboy:

Terry

An important one to me is the full cleaning at 4 days. Considering dues amounts this should be a given.
Not trying to be argumentative, I'm just pointing this out. Please read it with a nice tone. :) -

Actually, if you look at your resort budget you will see that housekeeping is a line item. A specific amount of housekeeping is budgeted for, and additional full cleanings at the 4 day mark are not part of it.

Therefor, considering our annual dues, this should not be expected.

MG

Not trying to be argumentative, I'm just pointing this out. Please read it with a nice tone. :) -

Actually, if you look at your resort budget you will see that housekeeping is a line item. A specific amount of housekeeping is budgeted for, and additional full cleanings at the 4 day mark are not part of it.

Hi MG

Guess I shouldn't have brought the dues piece into the picture. Let's just consider the cleaning as part of my wish list. :wizard:

Thanks,
Terry

1. Improve the member website to be able to view / confirm waitlists, check availaibility (I understand that actually booking a reservation might always have to be via phone), directly purchase Member merchandise, perhaps make Dining Reservations, purchase park tickets, etc.

MS also needs to have the option of sending confirmations via email sooner rather than later. I know they are thinking about it, because I've completed phone surveys about it. :cool1:

QUOTE]

I would have said this exactly--in fact I read this post this afternoon intending to post an agreement. Then I checked my mail and found my spring issue of DVC Vacation Magic and lo and behold, I found on p. 23 that they are doing just that--including online banking, paying dues and better navigation. So, since that request has been fulfilled....

How about....
members-only bus seating (sometimes my feet hurt and those pesky commandos won't give up their seats) I'm an owner, after all!

the option of paying more points for a full-time butler in my condo (I'd throw in bonus points if he could look like Daniel Craig)

an oil portrait of myself over the Wilderness Lodge fireplace (pose of my choosing)

naming an elephant at the Animal Kingdom after my mother-in-law :thumbsup2

This is Disney after all--when your heart is in your dream, no request is too.....oh forget it.

MM

When I initially posed the question, I wasn't actually thinking of member Perks, but rather suggestions that were more operational or Room related in nature.

So to recap those operational or room suggestions so far, we have:

1. Improve member website
2. A Maintence / Housekeeping Inspection or Incident Form that can be tracked and monitored
3. Reduce Member marketing material
4. Better sheets & towels
5. Better enforcement of Rules
6. Provide nightstands in all studios
7. Offer HBO or Pay Per View
8. Change Home Resort Priority Window
9. Provide better MS training
10. Full cleaning on day 4
11. Make all 1 Bedrooms a capacity of 5 using the new type sleeper chair
12. Better & more consistent housekeeping & maintenence
13. Replace patio furniture
14. Offer Concierge Level at all DVC resorts (as this is now included as a Guaranteed room type at AKL, I think it can now be considered an Operational issue)
15. Change transfer rules

Any others?

I guess my can-can girl idea didn't make the cut??

I bet if a guy made the list it would have! :teeth:

MG

Oh MG, does making me laugh out loud count? :teeth:

Actually, I didn't mean to exclude anyone's comments at all as I've enjoyed reading all of them. I was just trying to do a little organizing to indicate what items were of an Operational nature vs those that were more of a Perk nature. :)

There've been a lot of good suggestions so far. I especially like the recommended improvements to the member website, a system (or better system) for identifying maintenance issues and tracking their resolution, and the idea of a cool DVC Member fast pass.

But the one I'd really like to see would be for DVC to join the ranks of the progressive timeshares and go smoke-free. (AND enforce it with significant penalties.) They're going to do it eventually -- the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

I don't see anything to gain by Disney in enforcing the existing smoking policies, because that leaves unresolved all the employee health risk issues which will one day bite them (and us, since we own the place). Those are the real reasons why the other chains (and the airlines) have gone N/S...not concern for their guests.

I guess my can-can girl idea didn't make the cut??

I bet if a guy made the list it would have! :teeth:

MG

Well if you have been PC and included Capt Jack Sparrow with the Can Can girl, then yes you would have been included. :lmao:

Even though I did have to laugh at can can girls, :dance3: maybe someone like Jasmine would go over better.

Back to seriousness, I agree NS enforcement would be top request. Every time share we have ever stayed in, makes you sign an NS agreement with a very stiff fine up to $500 for violation.

But the one I'd really like to see would be for DVC to join the ranks of the progressive timeshares and go smoke-free. (AND enforce it with significant penalties.) They're going to do it eventually -- the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

I don't see anything to gain by Disney in enforcing the existing smoking policies, because that leaves unresolved all the employee health risk issues which will one day bite them (and us, since we own the place). Those are the real reasons why the other chains (and the airlines) have gone N/S...not concern for their guests.

Further evidence that the cost shared labotomies is a good idea!
:rotfl2:

Great ideas! I would add:

* Don't send expensive marketing mailings to members! I would gladly trade those for a little better service. I don't like feeling second class to hotels stays with sharp limits on towels and maid service.

Here Here !!!!

Great ideas! I would add:

* Don't send expensive marketing mailings to members! I would gladly trade those for a little better service. I don't like feeling second class to hotels stays with sharp limits on towels and maid service.

Except DVC resorts aren't really hotels. They are timeshares and follow timeshare standards.

I may be in the minority, but I really like most of the fancy marketing stuff. In my opinion, it really looks nice, and sets DVC apart from the others.

The giclee comes to mind right away... :thumbsup2

MG

I may be in the minority, but I really like most of the fancy marketing stuff. In my opinion, it really looks nice, and sets DVC apart from the others.

The giclee comes to mind right away... :thumbsup2

MG

I like it too.

Does anyone know if the marketing stuff a line item subsidized by dues or does it get supported by sales?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter