If you’re not a tv watcher…

Youtube, reading and working on my tree on Ancestry. Sometimes I'll play a game on my phone. We rarely turn the TV on. We record a few shows, I'm obsessed with Oak Island and Finding Your Roots. We also watch the Voice and the Masked singer. Other than that, if the TV is on, it's on the music channel and hubby and I are reading (or I'm doing any of the above).

Depends on the time of year but an assortment of...

- kids extracurriculars
- walk (usually shorter walk with dogs then longer power walk)
- rowing machine
- hobby paint
- cook, clean up
- assist with homework
- read
- yard work / gardening
- go in the hot tub

We do often watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy as a family -- pretty regularly in the winter and then maybe once a week in the summer.

I have not had broadcast tv for a few years now.

Mostly I will watch some mindless stuff on youtube or rewatch old TV shows and Movies.
I have a bunch of the streaming channels and there is not much on them sadly.
There is very little coming out currently that I find worth watching.

I did just start watching Resident Alien and it seems pretty good.

When the weather gets better then there will be yard work and such, but that is a month away.

We only have 1 tv in our house and in the evenings my husband pretty much takes control and watches what I call crap. I go onto my tablet and play games or watch Disney vlogs. I DVR everything I like and watch it during the afternoon.

We only have 1 tv in our house and in the evenings my husband pretty much takes control and watches what I call crap.
LOL - you sound like my wife...but I call lots of what she watched crap as well.
In the end for me its something mindless to clear the head and when I can find something she will watch that is always good.

I love to read so that is my go-to. Sometimes I get my exercise in after dinner.

I do watch a few shows. I typically watch a reality show, some sports, or a few shows on Netflix. There is not much on that I like so I will re-watch a series I have not seen in awhile, like Outlander. I sometimes watch movies.

Usually a combination of video games, Youtube, and podcasts. With some games, I will listen to podcasts or music while playing. I'll also watch hockey games on those nights.

I could go for days without turning the tv on at our house - but I waste time in so many other ways! (On the other hand, DH loves the TV and isn't home 2 minutes in the evening until it's turned on. Opposites attract....)

Ways I kill time....I tend to scroll through youtube shorts, Instagram reels, TONS of reading, sometimes audiobooks while playing solitaire on my phone, reorganizing things...

Then there is the other needed stuff like fixing dinner, swapping laundry, helping with homework, walking on the treadmill, and so forth.

Once I get beyond the chores that need to be done, DH and will play board games, or I'll read or work on Lego or a jigsaw puzzle. Sometimes I devote time to learning new languages, or studying something just for the same of studying it because it's interesting to me. (Lately I'm studying art history.)

Sometimes I'll have an old show like Friends or Modern Family on in the background just for comforting noise, but my TV watching has gotten smaller and smaller. The only current shows I'm "into" are Ghosts, Great North, and Bob's Burgers. Sometimes I'll find something on streaming to get into for however long it lasts, but again, it's getting less and less.

I haven't watched TV in about 2 years for the most part- I am usually either at the gym, outside talking to neighbors or playing video games on my Meta Quest

I read a lot. I will go to Youtube now and then. And as the weather gets nicer; I'm outside a lot more. Right now I'm sick with pneumonia so I'm doing a lot of sitting but it's been nice out so I'm outdoors sitting in the sun. :sunny:

I watch about an hour of TV before bed. Before that, I cook, walk the dog, do chores, read, play some word games, and do some scrolling on my iPad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter