If you had a choice of when to go....

KandK'smom

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
My family is planning our next trip to Disney in 2003. Our two choices, being that my husband and I are both school teachers, is either Spring Break time, specifically April 12-19,2003 or June 14-21, 2003. Are there any of you out there that have gone during both of these highly used times that could share the pros and cons of each? I know the weather will be hotter in June -my guidebooks (all 3 of them :) ) say the high temps are 84 for April and 90 for June. I guess the crowds are really the issue and maybe being able to get a room for a bit cheaper than peak rates. Are the crowds better in June than at Easter time? We have two kids who will be 12 and 8 next year. Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Terri

Between those two options I would choose June. We have been many many many times, and March and April are always more crowded than we would have thought, and the weather was unseasonably hot or cold, not often in between. Early June is not too crowded yet, but you will have the benefits of later park hours, fireworks, and night-time activities.

Agree with the June date...

Spring break is nearly as crowded as the December Holiday break. Believe me, you have not seen crowds the likes Disney could hold until you have gone on either Spring break or the December Holidays...

90* is fairly tolerable. Its the humidity that is the difficulty. Be sure to carry in your own water as water to buy, or other beverages, gets really pricey when you're drinking something every 30 minutes or so...

We always carry in with us insulated quart-sized jugs with shoulder straps as they can be slung over nearly anything (ourselves, strollers, etc.). Less to actually carry when it has a strap on it.

Fill it with ice in the AM and it will be there for you for a good chunk of the day...

Have Fun!

:cool:

I vote April . . . .

We've been down 2x in April . . .1999 and 2000

April 2000 just happened to be Easter Week and it was extremely crowded at the MK, but we managed fine . . .

The weather in April is absolutely wonderful . . .low 80's . . .sunny every day . . .we never had a drop of rain for either year . . .

We were there in June 1991 and all I remember was it was hot . . .I don't really remember the humidity . . .and I remember that it rained at least once every day . . .

The only bad thing I can think about for April is that it is Peak Rates . . .we never got a discount either year . . .

As far as crowds . . .Easter isn't until April 21st next year . . .so you'll be out of there before . . .
If you do decide to go in April, make sure you make your PS ahead of time . . .

HI,
I also vote for June. I'v been 6 times, once in July (NEVER AGAIN),last year in April. Yes the weather was outstanding, but the crowds were unbelievable.The rest has been in the fall. Needless to say, our next trip, is last few days of Nov.early Dec. Best rates,great weather, fewer crowds. However, due to your jobs, I can see that is a tough time to take off work.Good luck whichever dates you choose,it will STILL be awesome!!:D

I vote for June.

Spring Break/Easter is way too busy for us.

We've been both times and really prefer June. You may get an afternoon rainshower every day but the weather is generally great! Good and hot, which is the way we like it! LOL!! Of course one time we went in April and they had record temps of 100 degrees so you never know.

You're going to get crowds either way but generally the parks are open later in June and all the parades and shows are running, so that is definitely an advantage. Plus June is regular season so the prices are less than the peak season prices you'll pay in April.

Good luck with your decision!

:)

RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

Hi! I would pick June since your Spring Break is right before Easter weekend. We went at this time previously. By Thursday, crowds were horrible just before EAster. I won't go again. Also , you will have longer opening hours in June. I read in the Unofficial Guide that if you can't go at a "weird " time , then go first 2 weeks of June or end of August. We used this tip and went last May (20th-25th) as soon as the kids got out of school , but well before Memorial Day weekend. It was GREAT! No real waits. We are about to go April 15- 19th- i think this will be good because EAster is now over.

We have been the last 3 yrs. in Dec. the first or 2nd week. It's worth pulling the kids out of school. The decorations are beautiful !!!! No lines whatsoever at that time. The weather is awesome short sleeves during the day & a lite sweater at nite:) I can't stand all the heat & I hate lines. Of course this is just my own opinion :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter