• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you had just one day at Disney world with park hopper.....

cheerful chickadee

I heart Disney World
We're visiting family in Florida next month and I just cannot stand being that close to the mouse without making a day visit. We have one day park hopper tickets. We'll have literally one day, 9am-ish to closing. Where would you go and what would you do?

Magic Kingdom in the evening is a definite, we want to see Wishes one last time before it goes away. The rest of the day is up for grabs....

where would you eat?

what would you ride?

would you meet characters?

would you try the 4 parks in one day challenge?

Last edited:
I'd start in HS simply to ride a couple of my favorite attractions, ToT and RnR, and I'd throw in TSM.

Then I'd take the boat to Epcot and maybe hit Spaceship Earth, Soarin' and/or Frozen. By then it would be around 1 (?) and I'd eat in Les Halles in France and make my way around the WS for a couple of hours.

Then I'd monorail over to MK in the aftertnoon, where I'd have my Fastpass for Space, Splash, and Mine Train and then the rest of the day/evening as you suggest.

Just me. I think all day at MK also works, but I'd want to take in the theming and such from multiple parks, personally.

I'd be tempted to do 4 parks in one day, but it's probably best to do Epcot and the MK to avoid so much travel. I'd start at Epcot and use the FP+ for Test Track. I'd rope drop to Soarin' and then do Living with the Land (which I love) and grab breakfast at Sunshine Seasons. Then I'd do Spaceship Earth (FP+), Test Track (FP+), and I guess Mission Space (FP+). I'd do a quick circle of World Showcase and be sure to see Impressions de France. I might be tempted to just eat snacks and then have ice cream in France.

In the early afternoon, I'd board a monorail to the Magic Kingdom. I'd do all the classics - Tiki Room, Carousel of Progress, People Mover, and Country Bears, and grab day FPs for Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, and others. I'd close out the night be catching the outdoor mountains (Splash and Big Thunder) and Space Mountain right before close. We'd also do dinner at Be Our Guest. Close it out with fireworks.

I did the 4-parks-1-day thing a couple trips ago and loved it, so that would be my choice.

I would do MK and EP only. I'd start at EP in order be in MK for Wishes.

where would you eat?

Lunch at Sunshine Seasons at EPcot
Dinner at BOG or Crystal Palace

what would you ride?

Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Soarin

7DMT
Space Mountain
BTMRR

Then, anything I could possibly get on!

Only Mickey, maybe.

No. I would maybe make a quick trip to DHS, but I wouldn't do all 4.

We're visiting family in Florida next month and I just cannot stand being that close to the mouse without making a day visit. We have one day park hopper tickets. We'll have literally one day, 9am-ish to closing. Where would you go and what would you do?

Magic Kingdom in the evening is a definite, we want to see Wishes one last time before it goes away. The rest of the day is up for grabs....

where would you eat?

what would you ride?

If you are planning to park hop to more than 1 park I would recommend getting the express transportation (there's a thread on it with details) huge time saver, I think it can sve around 20 minutes per park hop. I would leave place to eat open to where ever you are at the moment you are hungry. Plan your fp's for early park and then grab additional fp on the go from park to park.
Characters to me are huge time consumer but it's entirely up to what you want to accomplish

I wouldn't waste any time doing a sit down meal inside a park. I'd get breakfast before 9, snack(s) inside, then eat after leaving at night.

I also wouldn't do any character meets.

I'd probably do AK in the morning to do Safari, maybe EE, and do Dinosaur. Then go to MK around 11am and have fast passes set up from around noon/1pm

I would either drop the park hoppers and do MK all day open to close, or I would go for the 4 park challenge. Either way we would probably QS meals when we felt like it.

I've done four parks in one day without even meaning to. Happened to be awake at rope dropish one morning. Started at AK,rode safari/EE/walked the trails and FOLK, hopped over to HS. Did ToT, GMR and hopped over to Epcot to eat at F&W, hopped over to MK, did POC, BTM and Pooh. Hopped over to Epcot and did F&W booths, walked through the Living Seas, rode The Land, Soarin and SSE. MK was open late that night so I hopped back over to MK, watched the FW and rode SDMT and BTM again.

What about the River of Lights at night? I'd pick my favorite rides, most of which are in MK. But if time is getting out of hand, I'd stick with Epcot and end with Magic Kingdom.

I would start my day at MK (rope drop), I would do Fantasy Land and FP Peter Pan, 7DMT and stand in line for Small World, Philharmagic, Under the Sea, etc. I would head over to Haunted Mansion, then grab lunch CS at Columbia Harbor House. I would use my 3rd FP for Splash MTN. Wait in line for BTMRR, Make another FP for Pirates, hit up Adventure Land, grab a dole whip, walk down Main Street to the Monorail Station by 3pm.

Head over to Epcot, FP Soarin. Do Nemo, Imagination, etc. Try and score a FP to Frozen, although it would be unlikely to get one in the afternoon. I would stroll around WS, grab a margarita or two, head to Les Halles for dinner.

I would then re-evaluate the rest of the evening. Do we need to rest or do we all have energy for more? If it's the latter, we would hop back on the monorail and head back to MK to check out more rides, stay for Fireworks.

Depending on the ages in your party it could be different choices.
I would start with AK- ride EE, Safari and then either Dino or walking trails.
Next HS-TSMM, and then either ToT, RR or Star tours, what ever you like.
If not then head to Epcot. They will have F&G going on and great booths for food and drinks. The Butterfly Garden is great.
Finish your day at MK and no matter what have a great day.
For food I would eat before starting your day. Grab lunch at Epcot. Lots of great quick choices.

where would you eat?

what would you ride?

I'd spend the money and buy the express transportation and do all four parks! We did it back in January and had a blast! Our rule was that we needed to eat something in every park, do one ride or attraction in every park, and get our picture taken by a photopass photographer in front of something that showed where we were.

We went to AK and rode the safari and ate a pretzel, photo in front of the Tree of Life. We went to HS and saw Voyage of the Little Mermaid and had hot dogs and beer over by RNR, photo in front of TOT, we went to Epcot and ate at the San Angel Inn and rode Donald's Grand Fiesta, photo in front of Spaceship Earth, then we hopped over to MK and spent the rest of the day, had our photo on Main Street, ate my mandatory MK Dole Whip and rode a bunch of rides.

We had one day park hoppers on marathon weekend in November. We did all four parks.
We were at AK for rope drop (ate breakfast before park open) and rode EE around 7 times in an hour or so. Dinosaur was closed and we skipped the safari. We met Mickey and Minnie on the way out of the park, since it had a short wait.
We then went to Epcot, which was crazy busy for F&W. We rode Soarin, Test Track single rider, Spaceship Earth and spent an hour walking around world showcase and sampling a few things from the F&W booths.
We then went to DHS. RNRC was down for refurb, but we rode TOT x3, Star Tours, met Olaf, Kylo Ren, Chewie, watched star wars stage shows and fireworks and grabbed dinner.
Then we hopped to MK and saw the end of Wishes, rode a few rides and stayed for EMH until 1am. I think we rode SDMT, Space Mountain x2, People Mover, Astro Orbiter, Pirates, Splash, Carousel, and The Little Mermaid. We shopped on Main street also.
We thought it was a great day and got in almost all of our favorites (minus the refurbs). We got photos in each park as well. This was a pretty busy Saturday, being F&W marathon weekend and the next to last F&W weekend, so I think many times of the year something similar is possible.

For me, the answer depends on how often I've been to Disney World and how long before I come back.
If I'm a frequent visitor, the possibilities are endless because there's no pressure. I'd be willing to try the 4-parks in one day challenge. I would not mind lingering over a nice sit down meal.

Rope-drop DHS for ToT and TSM, maybe Star Tours. Boat to Epcot, lap around WS (snacks?), meet Belle and Donald, do Soarin and Spaceship Earth. Monorail to MK, Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, CoP, Country Bears, fireworks.
I could probably fit more in, but these are just the necessities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter