If you had to choose one,Sea world or busch gardens?

mrsmom

<font color=green>Drinks P.C.'s in the C.C. at P.I
I have a passes for one day , so i have to pick one, Which would you pick and why?
My kids are 4,8,10,16
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Mrsmom

Busch Gardens.

The 4 year old will enjoy the animals and the Land of the Dragons. The 8 year old, depending on heighth, would enjoy the coasters he could ride and the various flat rides. The 10 & 16 year old will definately enjoy the coasters more than Sea World. And everyone will enjoy the animals, atmosphere, and volume of stuff to do more than Sea World.

Sea World Sea World Sea World

We love SW and hated Busch. Busch seems too much like a mid-way at the fair to me. It also has several water rides and needs to be pretty warm to enjoy these.

Your younger kids will be able to do almost every thing at Sea World ---- lots of rides at Busch will be off limits for them due to height restrictions.

They are such different parks! Really Busch Gdns, whilst it does have many animals, is most appreciated by big ride lovers.
Sea World has a combination of continuous viewing areas and shows such as the Shamu Adventure with the killer whales, and the Sea Lion & Otter show to name only a couple, which are shown several times throughout the day and are very entertaining.
They now have added Journey To Atlantis and Kraken for some thrills - Kraken is highly rated by Coaster lovers and J to A is a great ride if you don't mind getting soaked !!
I think you need to inform the children what each park is like and see how they feel about it.

( If you do pick Sea World, when you pick up your park guide on the way in, you'll see the show schedule listed - be sure to give yourselves PLENTY of time to get to the show location, get seats, relax and enjoy some very good pre-show. The worst thing with this park is to try to rush from one show to another and get there at the last minute).

Both parks have a lot going for them for all ages and it's hard to say which would be better for someone elses group as we don't know the likes/dislikes of your kids. I would say SW is probably better "all round family fun" and has less that the younger children are excluded from, but BG does have the edge in thrill rides.

I would say SW has the edge on animal exibits and particularly shows, BG wins on the number of thrill rides it has.

I believe doing the safari for a Giraffe hands on experience at BG is extra and can add up quickly w/4 kids, while at SW you can pet/feed the dolphins and stingray for a "mere" $1 a fish. They are sold in cups for around $5 I think. Als o if you have the time you can return to SW the second day for free. Our kids have begged us to do SW first b4 WDW. They love the Clyde/Seymore show...had me tape the whole thing and watch it at home all the time. Your older kids will love Kraken and Journey to Atlantis...the water ski shows are really great..and SHAMU..of course he IS the star! There is a ride in Arctic area that simulates a helicopter...pretty cool...I almost had motion sickness! The shark encounter is awesome as well...we went thru 3 times in a row. I guess time would be a factor from driving distance as the parks are about 1.5 hours from each other or more. There used to be a bus that took people from SW to BG and back on the same day...but that's not what you're after. You WILL get wet on JTA tho...so bring a change of clothes! Have fun whatever you choose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter