I'm Becoming One of "Those" Guys

My DS went to high school here in the midwest with a neighbor kid who didn't own long pants; they walked back and forth to school together; it was about a mile. DS would wear a parka and ski mask when it was below freezing, and thought his classmate was completely insane walking navigating snowdrifts in shorts. (DS lives in Florida now, and still prefers long pants even when it is hot.)

The kid even showed up at HS graduation with shorts under his gown; the school administrators were NOT pleased, and he had to go home and change into the long pants his mom had purchased as a backup. He just got a fulltime job, but he's an engineer, so who knows, maybe he still insists on wearing shorts to work.

The toughest part of my morning is deciding to wear long pants. I never know if it's going to be cold or hot at work. Yesterday, lot of trailer activity with the garage door being opened, glad I wore long pants. Colder today, 19° and I chose wrong, wore long pants again. Bloody hot today.

I don't bother going inside to change when I get home to clear the driveway. I typically shovel the driveway in the shorts I wore to work directly after getting out of the car. I don't have anywhere to park to go inside and change as the road is too small and a hill so if a car came and the road is covered, there's a good chance of them sliding into my car.

I took this picture last year....

131903154_2853159048246279_1215451663488080171_n.jpg

I go the grocery store after working out and it doesn’t matter if it’s 80 degrees out or 10 degrees out I’m in my workout capris. The rest of me is bundled up except my legs - so dumb - LOL!

Some people who have died from hypothermia started taking off their clothes because they felt really hot at the skin where the flow of heat rushes to the surface. It's called "paradoxical undressing". The real irony is that it ends up speeding the decrease in core body temperature by undressing.

But hypothermia is no joke. I've heard of people trying to walk home around Lake Tahoe in winter and ended up collapsing and dying. It's especially bad when alcohol is involved.

I wear shorts at least once a week in the winter time. It’s great for the immune system. A great way not to get sick. Have people tell me all the time that have no idea what they are talking about saying you are going to get sick wearing that. Lol. Some people even jump in lakes in cold weather to help their immune system. I’m not that brave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter