• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Im ignorant to all of this...

bonest

Earning My Ears
Best I can tell, I can stay at AKL studio value for 14 a point for 54 points over 6 nights in sept... Thus saving me almost 700 dollars from what disney would charge? Is this correct? Am I crazy? Why SHOULDNT I do this??? Someone with experience help. The price I am quoting is from the **************

Renting a reservation will save you money compared to Disney's cash rates. Not all room categories will be available so you can't expect to only get value room.

The earlier you book the better the chance of getting what you want. You can book through a middle man or book directly with a DVC owner.

:earsboy: Bill

And once you've rented a room, you're committed. With Disney you can back out, when renting points you can't.

One thing to consider is daily housekeeping is not included in a point rental. For 6 nights, you would get a trash & towel service on day 4.

It's unlikely you will get a value room for September. Those typically book up at 11 months.

This is possible for sure. But the value category not likely available, so be be prepared to go for another view at a few more pts. but still at a good deal. And for sure, dont wait, as these things tend to book quick once other smaller DVC resorts fill up.

There are a limited number of value rooms at AKL (all in the Jambo building) and owners at that resort tend to fill them early in their 11 month booking window and they are often gone long before the 7 month booking window when owners of other resorts can book there. Nevertheless, because you are seeking 1BR, which are usually the last to fill, you may have chance even at 7 months out for during some of the lower DVc demand times of the year. You should note that if you are going to do any rental from an owner, it is best to book as early as possible and if you wait beyond seven months out from date of arrival, you risk finding most things gone at the DVC resorts.

Best I can tell, I can stay at AKL studio value for 14 a point for 54 points over 6 nights in sept... Thus saving me almost 700 dollars from what disney would charge? Is this correct? Am I crazy? Why SHOULDNT I do this??? Someone with experience help. The price I am quoting is from the **************

If you are talking about this Sept., value studios are booked. I've been checking every day for the first part of Sept.

14 a point for 6 nts = 84 pts not 54

Best I can tell, I can stay at AKL studio value for 14 a point for 54 points over 6 nights in sept...
An AKV Value studio in September is 9 points/night for weekday nights (Sun-Thu), 12 points/night for weekend nights (Fri and Sat). If you are staying 6 nights and it includes just one weekend night, it will cost 57 points (5*9 + 1*12). If those 6 nights includes two weekend nights it will cost 60 points (4*9 + 2*12).

The downsides to renting points:

needing to have FULL trust in the person with the points (having a middleman, if they are trustworthy, helps alleviate that concern)
can't cancel
generally have to pay in full up front
no daily housekeeping (if that's a downside for you...it wouldn't be for us as we rarely have housekeeping come in daily in ANY hotel room)

That's pretty much it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter