I'm in love with BWV

melissalee1220

Mouseketeer
I guess I bought SSR two years ago because that's what DVC was selling but now I wished I had experienced Boardwalk before buying SSR!!

I've stayed at MANY regular WDW resorts and SSR and OKW as a DVC owner, but this was my first stay at BWV. I can honestly say that on our first day there, after walking the resort and soaking in the atmosphere, I said to my husband "I've found MY resort!"

I dont know if its the atmosphere, the location, or the pixie dust in the air but I fell in love. What I do know is that my next contract will be at BWV!!

Here's to DVC!! :thumbsup2

Score one for my home resort! :yay:

We love it too. The central location in WDW. The decor and ambiance. All that the nearby Boardwalk has to offer. Glad you found out what a great place BWV is to stay. ;)

So glad you enjoyed BWV!! How cool is the location that you can walk to TWO parks!!!

We LOVE the resort as well, although, we really, really, REALLY wish DVC would put in some type of counter service like BCV Marketplace. That is our only complaint.

Only about 4 weeks until our F&W trip in a Boardwalk View Studio and we can't wait to get back "home"!! :cheer2:

I guess I bought SSR two years ago because that's what DVC was selling but now I wished I had experienced Boardwalk before buying SSR!!

I've stayed at MANY regular WDW resorts and SSR and OKW as a DVC owner, but this was my first stay at BWV. I can honestly say that on our first day there, after walking the resort and soaking in the atmosphere, I said to my husband "I've found MY resort!"

I dont know if its the atmosphere, the location, or the pixie dust in the air but I fell in love. What I do know is that my next contract will be at BWV!!

This should bring back some memories :thumbsup2

We love the BWV also! The guides generally do not tell you about purchasing sold out resorts when you make your initial purchase. We came close to buying SSR but realized that it lacked ammenities that other DVC resorts have.

Anyway, we didn't buy and then I learned about resales here on the DIS.

I hope you will be able to stay at BWV whenever you like!

We fell in love with BWV in 2002 when we visited while staying at CR. There was a saxophone quartet dressed in period garb playing music while strolling the boardwalk and the guy playing the bicycle piano and all of the other activities were going on. We were hooked then but did not have the funds to buy into DVC. Finally once we were able to afford it, there was only one place we even thought of buying in. We are now very proud owners at BWV. We were there in April in a 2 BR boardwalk view villa. I loved waking up to a view of SE each morning. We are going back the weekend after New Year's and are looking forward to it.

Agree. Just bought BWV myself, waiting on closing. My first DVC stay (on family's membership) was there and nowhere else has lived up to that first time. I knew when I bought in, it would be nowhere but The Walk.

:goodvibes

Do DVCers have nicknames that fit their home resort categories? Are we Walkers? Walkies? Would hate to speculate on what CRVers would be called.... ;)

We adore BW and I'm always so glad to read when others do also.
Can't beat the location, thats for sure :cool1:

BWV is great! We stayed there last year and had a blast. We are also SSR owners. We are looking forward to staying at all the resorts at some point. Right now we are hoping to do the Beach Club or VWL next (although we are staying at SSR this October).

All the resorts are really something special!

We bought BWV because that what was for sale at the time and our love affair only started later. We love the BW view and the activity on the walk and the lake. I can understand why some people prefer the serenity of other resorts, but over the years we have come to spend less time in the parks and more time just soaking up the joyful spirit of our resort. Hope that you will one day be able to join the BWV community as an owner, but, in the meantime, enjoy your visits!

I'm glad you had such a great time. BWV owners/lovers, but not exclusively. We really are torn, we love lots of the DVC resorts!

Bobbi:goodvibes

We are BWV owners and we love it when we want to visit WDW, but we had that same "MY RESORT" feeling when we first visited VB. The feeling has never gone away. Thankfully, VB is easy to get into at 7 months. Glad you found your home in heart like me....

We love the BW too.:love: We stayed there this past July and fell in love. We are also SSR owners and do love that resort, but the feeling at the BW is different.

My dh said before we went that he didn't think he was going to like it at the BW. Well, when we got home he said, "Let's see if we can go back in November." We're currently on the waitlist and I say a little prayer everyday that the waitlist will come through.

If not, we'll enjoy OKW. It is a lovely resort too. We'll just have to visit the BW instead.

You are getting me excited for my first trip "home." I can't wait! Never been there, but we bought a resale and are going in 7 days!!! :yay:

Being from Jersey and having the NJ boardwalks as a regular part of our lives, we've always said that there was always just one thing that was missing to make the WDW Boardwalk a true replica.

They have the sight of the wooden boards, the sounds of the seagulls and marina, the taste of the corndog/french fry stand ...

Anyone else familiar with the NJ boardwalks notice what's missing? :idea:

Is this a joke?

I have a few good guesses if it is. If your serious, I do not want to offend you.

Is this a joke?

I guess Garbage? Just got back from a visit to Atlantic City and the beach area resembles a big kitty litter box.

What is missing?

Ahh, the smell of garbage... :rotfl:

Not quite what DW and I had noticed. Something a little more desirable than that.

"Watch the tram car please" Is this what you are referring to as missing? I'm an LBI person but sure go to OC for their Boardwalk!

Terry O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter