• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm still the cool Disneyland Aunt! Whew!

Califgirl

A girl can dream
Hi all,
A while back I had posted about taking my family and 9 yr old niece to DL for the "Happiest Birthday on Earth" party. The feedback was unanamous: it is lame. Oh No! What would I do? I have always been the cool Disneyland Aunt.

Well there was a party of eleven of us. That in itself made it fun. BIL and his 2 kids now 16 & 18 that I have taken to stay at the GCH twice, (just the kids!) for their birthdays and just because, and then my other SIL and her two daughters 9 (the birthday girl) and 7 that I've taken to stay with me at GCH (All three of them), and SIL's boyfriend and his two daughters, 15 and 7 and my dear, dear MIL and me. (did you notice my DH is missing? his mom, brother and sister were there, but he wouldn't come, sigh)

Anyway, I was nervous since everyone said they and their kids didn't like this event. We were blessed by a glitch. :wizard: The audio wouldn't work. We had no idea what that meant, but it delayed things. They brought us our cakes to decorate and we were having fun, when all of a sudden characters started coming to visit. We had Sleeping Beauty and Prince, Cinderella, Snow White, Mary Poppins with Bert the Chimny sweep and a penguine, Alice In Wonderland and the Mad Hatter and Tweedle Dee. There was Donald Duck, Pluto and of course Mickey Mouse and our host Pat E Cake. They all interacted with all the guests a lot and we had the best time. We all ran out of film during that event. I couldn't believe how much everyone loved it.

I don't know what "audio" we missed, but I am greatful for the Glitch, as I am still the Cool Disneyland Aunt. Another great Disney memory that will be part of our family history.

We found out afterwards that it was a glitch. The official photographer didn't know what to do with all the characters. We got a great group picture and my niece had her picture taken with Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. We had such a Blast! I am Disneyland Blessed!

Nice job!! It takes a great Disneyland Aunt to pull that one off. Of course, with you in control, the audio knew to go caput! It's just a thing where that Pat-E-Cake guy does something silly. I'd still go because, well, I like cake.

Us Disneyland Aunties need to stick together!!! (I get to sign in my niece for free and I get 35% off of stuff. To her, I am the bee's knees and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!) :sunny:

Handbag Lady said:
Nice job!! It takes a great Disneyland Aunt to pull that one off. Of course, with you in control, the audio knew to go caput! It's just a thing where that Pat-E-Cake guy does something silly. I'd still go because, well, I like cake.

Us Disneyland Aunties need to stick together!!! (I get to sign in my niece for free and I get 35% off of stuff. To her, I am the bee's knees and I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!) :sunny:

Isn't it great to be a Disneyland Aunt? I love creating special memories for my family. Everyone (even DH) now has AP's. and I bought them all their very first park tickets. :sunny: We have DVC, so we often stay at GCH. I've taken my MIL (just a girls weekend) about three times, and she even asks when we're going back. She is very sweet and I love to travel with her. I guess I can hold my head up and plan another trip now! LOL

I can't tell you how worried I was about that birthday party.
As my husband says, I'm Disneyland Blessed!

I love that you get a discount, you must be an employee? That makes treating the family so much easier.

Enjoy life and great vacations!
Califgirl

The next best thing to being a cast member is being married to a studio cast member. I still get all of the perks! :cheer2:

Happy Aunting to you!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter