***Important - More Info on GF Tea

Linda

Mouseketeer
Hi!

It is me again :) I have more information on the Tea at the Grand on Friday 11/30/01 we have the Tea Room to ourselves from 12:30 to 2pm – since we are a group we have to do one thing just a little differently. We have to pre-order from the menu as they will specially prepare the food for our little festivity. You DO NOT need to make the decision right now. I will however post the menu selections below so you can start thinking about it. At Event registration I will have special forms for you to fill out and confirm your reservation as I must turn in the selections 48 hours in advance to convention services. This is not a prepaid event; you still settle your own bill after tea. I’m pretty sure you can choose your tea type when you arrive.

Thanks!

~Garden View Tea Lounge~ ~Afternoon Tea Offerings~

The Grand Tea
The classic English tradition of Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian style. We offer you a variety of tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts, followed by your choice of our freshly baked tea pastries or English trifle, accompanied by a glass of sparkling wine and your choice of tea.
$24.50 per guest

Prince Edward’s Gentleman’s Tea
A delicious array of duck liver en croute, country pate, potted crab crostini and marinated fresh berries, served with a cumberland sauce. We then offer our delicious fresh baked scones served with fresh Devonshire cream. Your choice of our tea selections and a glass of our
Sandeman’s Founders Reserve Port.
$20.00 per guest

Buckingham Palace
Our traditional tea sandwiches, scones and jam tarts complimented by fresh strawberries and cream, along with your choice of tea.
$17.50 per guest

Sally Lunn Tea
Sally Lunn rolls date back to the 18th century where they were baked fresh, then sold on the streets of Bath, England by the creator. Here at the Grand Floridian, we have carried on this tradition of this sweet yeast bread served lightly toasted with apricot preserves. This is followed by a choice of either trifle or strawberries and cream, along with your choice of tea.
$12.50 per guest

Mrs. Potts Tea
For the yournger “tea lover” in your party, we offer a variety of tea sandwiches, tuna salad, ham and cheese, and peanut butter and jelly on white bread. We serve our magical dark tea (chocolate milk), followed with a choice of 2 pastries.
$8.50 per guest

~Garden View Tea ~ A La Carte Offerings~

Gentleman’s Tea Platter
Duck Liver en croute, Country Pate, Potted Crab Crostini, and marinated fresh Berries-$10.50
Fruit and Cheese Plate-An array of seasonal fruit and a selection of fine cheeses. $12.50
Plate of Assorted Tea Sandwiches -$8.50
Strawberries and Cream-$6.95
Pastries-$2.75
English Trifle-$6.95
Two Scones with Devonshire Cream and Preserves-$3.50
Tea Bread(two slices)-$3.50
Two Jam Tarts-$3.50
Sally Lunn Bread-$3.50
Lemon Pound Cake-$3.50

~Specialty Drinks~
Brandy Alexander
Champagne Cocktail
Grand Mimosa
$6.95

Garden View Tea Lounge ~Traditional Tea Selections ~

English Breakfast - Pure China Black Tea
Darjeeling -Considered one of the finest teas in the world.
Irish Breakfast -Rich Smooth and full bodied with a quiet taste.
Ceylon and India -A classic; blended Assam and smooth Ceylon.
Garden View Bouquet -A unique mixture of our teas created by Harney and Sons exclusively for the Garden View Lounge.
Earl Grey -Four types of tea, infused with Oil of Bergamot and touch of citrus flavoring.
Formosa Oolong-A gentle brown unblended tea with a fruity aroma
Organic Green Tea-With Citrus and Gingko

Flavored Teas
Jasmine Tea-From the Kwinglung Province, refreshing and fragrant.
Hot Cinnamon Spice-A mixture of black tea, orange peel, three types of Cinnamon and sweet Clove.
Blackcurrant-A mixture of black teas flavored by natural blackcurrant.

Herbal and Caffeine Free
Chamomile-A tea with the flavor of ripe apples, made with the finest Chamomile flowers from Egypt.
Peppermint-A delicious beverage made from dried peppermint leaves.
Raspberry-Infusion of Raspberry and Hibiscus.
Lemon Verbena-Light and refreshing; a favorite during the summer time.

Good Heavens! Look at ALL of those choices!! :earseek:

This will take a while Linda..... ; )

Hmmmm......Raspberry Hibiscus or Lemon Verbena? Or a brandy alexander? But never a Champagne Cocktail. I'm not that kinda guy. ;)

Just finished the forms - remember you do not have to make your choice till Convention Registration Day, I'll have them on hand :)

thanks!

Thanks, Linda. I'm going to need the next few weeks to make a decision. Even thought I am leaning towards the Grand Tea. I know it's a bit much, but it sounds like it has a bit of everything and I wouldn't have to pick and choose. :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter