** IMPORTANT Notice ** DISboards upgrade coming

lanejudy

This weekend we're going to be upgrading our forum software to the latest version, Xenforo 2. The boards will be unavailable starting on Saturday at 3 pm eastern. We anticipate they will be back online Saturday night if there are no technical issues with the transfer. Once the forums are back online, the design team will be working on them, so they may not look like "our forums" right away. While we are upgrading the software, this new version does have some major differences - mainly that it is designed with a priority on mobile devices. There are also many new features with this version of Xenforo, including expanded emojii options, enhanced editing features and better integration with social media among them.

While we don't expect any major downtime, with any migration to a new platform, things can happen - so we ask for your patience and understanding as we undergo this enhancement.

**Edited to add: The "boards closed" message will be used for updates if there are any issues

Last edited:
I do not expect loss of threads or photos. But it wouldn't hurt to have any photos backed up on your hard drive. This is a software upgrade, still staying with Xenforo just a newer version. The change a few years ago was much more involved as it was a complete change in software, etc.

It will look a little different, but not a lot different. I understand there should be more smilies and emojis. Maybe a few other new features or tweaks.

Thanks. Since I have been using Google Photo to store my photos, I feel better. Google lets me share the photos online instead of from my computer. Long story. It took awhile for me to figure how to post with photos so that everyone could see them.

I did copy and paste my long thread on measurements in "Word", but the photos didn't cross. But that is okay because I have the photos on Google.

I didn't want to lose all of the measurements and info that I had gathered.

Thank you, everyone. I really wasn't worried.

And it was a very long time ago and not just a few years ago when a lot of my threads and posts disappeared.

I am a lot better at saving info on my laptop now than I was way back then.

This is the best website for info disability anywhere on the web because there are so many folks with so much disability experience.

Here is hoping that all involved in the update has no really problems and every thing goes smooth. I guess I will just have to clean my house since I will not have the DIS to for a few hours.

And I got a new backpack to take to Disney ( try to find where all my medical thing and other stuff will go. ) you all have a great afternoon /evening and hopefully the board will be up quickly and life will go back to normal

So far, so good! Liking the new design - I usually read and post from my computer, but I really do like the cleaner font (easier to read) and the overall design. Yay! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter