In case we can't get a BOG reservation...

Destinyz12

Mouseketeer
I'm going to try hard for a BOG reservation as soon as my 180 day comes, but If i can't manage to get one, which MK table service restaurant in everyone's opinion would be best for dinner between these few: Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, or Plaza? Just 2 adults, and we have a mix of character and non-character meals already so no preference on that.

Keep trying .. I've tried since it opened . always Booked . We checked while we were at Park on 10/15/17. Yep we got one . loved the food & Gaston is a Riot

@_auroraborealis_ that is strange since it's a TS restaurant. They do seem to have early lunch reservations but not dinner... Anyone know why that is with Plaza?

Last edited:
The Plaza only take ADRs during certain time periods, and I’m not sure what those times are right off hand. The plaza is good, but it is nothing special. Have you considered Skipper Canteen? The food is a bit different, but it is quite good. Of the ones you have listed, I like Crystal Palace.

@Mickey92 I looked at the menu for skipper canteen but as a picky eater, I'm a little hesitant with the choices. I will keep it in mind though, for either this trip or a future one

Have you considered trying for lunch at BoG instead of dinner? seems a lot easier to get as the entire restaurant is open then and tables turn over more quickly for QS.

That said, I love Pooh so always hit Crystal Palace but if you are not there specifically for those characters, I do not think the food is worth the expense (especially at dinner... I always hit it at breakfast for my beloved Tigger). As mentioned Plaza only takes walkups. So I'd go with LTT for dinner if you're not willing to risk the walk-up. If you're picky you're sure to like the menu and I love the atmosphere, great break from the parks.

@_auroraborealis_ that is strange since it's a TS restaurant. They do seem to have early lunch reservations but not dinner... Anyone know why that is with Plaza?

Used to but they've been testing it with/without some times of day. Not very consistent. I've actually stopped eating there now that I can't have a set ADR. Small enough as it is, I'm not waiting.

upload_2017-10-20_16-17-18.jpeg that you get BOG! Good food and great atmosphere.

If you happen to not get it, of the three you listed I would personally choose Liberty Tree.

We did LTT for dinner this March and I hated it. I thought the food was pretty gross and processed. Our service was also pretty terrible. We ate at Tony's for lunch and that was 20x better. The whole experience there was more pleasant. Granted, they gave us a spot outside where we got to watch the parade. We didn't even have to ask! I will never go back to LTT for dinner.

@Lisa F lunch at BOG is a possibility as well, although really hoping for dinner because of the Beast being there and liking the meal choices better.

I've been to lunch and dinner there, and enjoyed both very much. The dinner was great and the Beast was more fun than I expected. But it was a pain to get an ADR for! I don't think lunch is exactly an easy ADR either.

Good luck! :)

I would agree with using touringplans if you can't get an ADR.
Otherwise,while not on your list, i would suggest Skipper Canteen. Good food, well themed, and just a lot of fun.
Not a fan of Crystal Plaza, LTT is standard comfort food, good but nothing special, Plaza again is standard food.

I'm going to try hard for a BOG reservation as soon as my 180 day comes, but If i can't manage to get one, which MK table service restaurant in everyone's opinion would be best for dinner between these few: Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, or Plaza? Just 2 adults, and we have a mix of character and non-character meals already so no preference on that.
Hmmm...your Avatar makes me think Tony's Town Square would be a good choice for you?

I have had luck with mouse dining as well if you can’t get reservations immediately. I would go for crystal palace because of the castle view and just how pretty it is inside. I don’t think I’ve had food anywhere in the magic kingdom that has knocked my socks off honestly, so.... we go for the theming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter