In Case You Think The WDW Slump Isn't Real

OT and all, but its funny to see all the WNY and CNY'ers on here posting gas prices. I paid 2.79 yesterday and thought that was fairly good... YIKES, I forget there are places out there not getting gouged by the good ol' state of NY.:rotfl:

Wow, I so did not notice that typo up there until it was pointed out on another post. I'm sure that's all it was. :)

Gas here is $2.15-ish.

Wow, I so did not notice that typo up there until it was pointed out on another post. I'm sure that's all it was. :)

Gas here is $2.15-ish.

Yeah, I know! :) I just thought I'd point it out before someone came by and got really offended by it!

Gas here is 2.09.

WHEW!

Though I am not sure why one would speculate that Obama being sworn in would suddenly shoot up gas prices... pricing of gas is set by many factors, but not by whos butt is in a particular chair!

And the best part is you don't have to pump it yourself :lmao:

New Jersey still does not permit self service at gas stations.

In the past I have gotten room-only reservations at discounts off rack rate that suggest to me that the buy 4 get 3 free offer doesn't yield much more (or any more) savings.

Gas here is officially the highest in the continental United States, Western NY.

Is It more then 3.78 a gallon still?. Thats up In Alaska:scared1: sorry about that here In Seattle Its at 2.41 went up a little in the last few days.

But I have to agree with a earlyer quote I do not think Disney Is going to suffer to much. The folks In genreal will still amke there trips,but like my self we will cut off some were else to have our Disney:goodvibes

Gas here is $1.85 :cool1:

Must be nice....my boyfriends parents live in EHT and its still 2.18....I'm from upstate new york and I got it for 2.24 as a club member at BJ's but its still only 2.35 elsewhere around me....and I must add..

southwest out of buffalo was $480 p/p for Nov 26th-30th until about 3 weeks ago and its dropped to $270 so we got a large amount back so at least for now things are looking up for us:-)

Gas here is $1.85 :cool1:

I paid $1.71 a gallon yesterday.

Today (Nov. 8, 2008,) the low is $1.67.

Gas in Kansas City area is usually pretty low, if you know where to look.

Here's the link to find lowest prices.

You can search in any town you like.

:rotfl2: Yeah, I did. Not that anybody would elect "Osama" to office. ;)

Was it a mistake or a joke, the b is nowhere near the s on the keyboard? I find it extremely racist and out of place if thats a "joke" (im not even american, but i find it vile so many of your citizens think these jokes are OK). Im sure there are lots of other places more appropriate for expressing these views.

Anyways, prices aren't going to surge up again because a different president comes to power, kind of an odd thing to say, I'm not sure what the reasoning would be. If they do go way back up, it'd be because the economy goes through the roof.

I think the economy is going to stay soft and in recession through summer of 09 at least. Disney isn't going to be as hurt as the Carribean, simply because its closer and people may still go there or instead of going abroad go there. It will hurt them though.

Some of us are old enough to remember other hard times that this country went through......and I'm not sure if I'm just older and since I now have kids I'm more aware....but this time around the doomsayers seem to be louder. And I'd like them to shut up.

I couldn't agree with this more. With news stories every night, headlines every day & nearly all magazines having some article about "how to survive the economic downturn", the media actually feeds it all. Most people, when you talk to them, haven't really felt any pain yet. And, may never feel it. But, everybody seems to think that all their neighbors are hurting. There are definitely bad things in the economy (bank & housing mostly), but it's also kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Keep saying the economy is horrible, and eventually it will be!

Sorry, off my soapbox, but it bugs me. I still plan on taking the same vacations I would have and the only reason I'm watching what I spend is cause we're having another baby and need to save for me to quit working!

I paid $1.71 a gallon yesterday.

Today (Nov. 8, 2008,) the low is $1.67.

Gas in Kansas City area is usually pretty low, if you know where to look.

Here's the link to find lowest prices.

You can search in any town you like.

Holy Cow!!! That is good. I sure hope it gets that low in NYS.:goodvibes

Was it a mistake or a joke, the b is nowhere near the s on the keyboard? I find it extremely racist and out of place if thats a "joke" (im not even american, but i find it vile so many of your citizens think these jokes are OK). Im sure there are lots of other places more appropriate for expressing these views.

Nowadays being called racist is akin to being called a fascist: the person doing the calling says it because it sounds impressive even though it's obvious they don't have the first idea what either one means.

Anyways, prices aren't going to surge up again because a different president comes to power, kind of an odd thing to say, I'm not sure what the reasoning would be. If they do go way back up, it'd be because the economy goes through the roof.

If you had followed the rhetoric of the election and listened to what the winning candidate said it wouldn't sound odd at all. Since you aren't an American I won't waste my time explaining it to you because it's not your problem, but if you are curious enough you can look it up.

I think the economy is going to stay soft and in recession through summer of 09 at least. Disney isn't going to be as hurt as the Carribean, simply because its closer and people may still go there or instead of going abroad go there. It will hurt them though.

Wall street respectfully disagrees with you, which is why the stock tanked after DIS reported their earnings and forecast. However there is nothing stopping you from loading up on Disney stock and making a killing when it goes back up.

As for the website being a political forum, I did find it curious that the people in charge let so many political ads stay in signatures. Normally websites shy away from topics that are virtually guaranteed to upset 50% of the people. But it's their site.

Several years ago I remember isolated threads on this forum about an unofficial guide crowd rating from 1 to 10 and there were a lot of threes and fours amidst the usual eights for spring break and nines and tens for Christmas and new years.

A few years ago I remember isolated threads on this forum about "yikes, all the crowd ratings (published in that guide book) are in the sevens and eights if not nines!"

Today. Slump!
What kind of crowd levels are we going to see? Back down to the fives? Back down to the threes? Still nines and tens for Christmas and New Years?

Still mostly sevens and up for the whole year? What slump?

Still nines and tens for Christmas and New Years?

Still mostly sevens and up? What slump?

This year's holiday "ratings" are only guess-timates based on previous years.

Nowadays being called racist is akin to being called a fascist: the person doing the calling says it because it sounds impressive even though it's obvious they don't have the first idea what either one means.

I think standing up for anyone who calls anyone osama obama is racist in itself. The definition of racism is grouping stereotyping someone because of what they look like, doing it because their name sounds similar is no different, this isn't the place for it, dateline reported various KKK forums in existence, check them out for like thinking individuals.

This thread will be locked im sure, and i wouldnt be shocked to see myself get a warning or worse. Thats fine, but i am legitametly sorry for jacking the thread. I dont think that kind of slur should be overlooked though, I'd speak against it in person and I'll do it in a forum. I know its common enough (see it daily on the news) but it doesn't mean it shouldn't be spoken against. When I see people saying these things on TV, its usually something like the Daily show and they are barely able to form proper sentences, if at all, its made a complete joke of, its sickening to see it echoed by people who know better and I won't ignore it. On a probably final note on the thread, if its locked, I hope the people making racist comments and defending them are disciplined, and not myself for taking issue with it and making a kafuffle where one is necessary.

Gas here in the Hudson Valley was at $2.63 yesterday, and has been falling a few cents every couple of days for some time now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter