In park purchases-- delivery to resorts

FYI everyone who misses this as much as I do - Universal does shipping back to their resorts from their parks.
They also do shipping from the parks to the main Universal store in City Walk. My friend used it last month when she bought a Loungefly bag and a wallet and didn't want to attempt to shove them into the free lockers. She was able to pick up her purchases on the way back to the ride share drop off area and we were told it takes approximately 3-4 hours from purchase to have them delivered. It made me wish Disney would at the very least bring back the ability to send purchases to the front of the parks.

Right now there are very few reasons to stay at a Disney resort. Transportation is still one. But I look for Transportation to require payment at some point in the future.

Yep, at this point I only see three perks (ILL & dining picks and transportation). But when you factor in lack of housekeeping and the price, those three probably won't bring me back after this trip (which we are taking because we had a lot of money already put in pre pandemic to use up)

From website:

Souvenir Pick-Up – Currently Unavailable

At this time, our Souvenir Pick-Up service is temporarily paused. Learn more about recent updates at Walt Disney World Resort.
Theme park merchandise purchased during the day can be delivered to a designated location near the front entrance for convenient pick-up as you exit the park. To utilize this service, simply let the retail clerk know during time of purchase.

Resort Hotel Delivery – Currently Unavailable

At this time, our Resort Home Delivery service is temporarily paused. Learn more about recent updates at Walt Disney World Resort.
If you’re staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you can arrange to have park souvenirs delivered to your hotel instead of carrying them around with you all day. Simply tell the retail clerk during time of purchase and arrangements will be made quickly and easily.

Home Delivery​

Theme park purchases can also be shipped to your home via UPS or FedEx for an additional fee.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/package-pickup-and-delivery/

From website:

Souvenir Pick-Up – Currently Unavailable

At this time, our Souvenir Pick-Up service is temporarily paused. Learn more about recent updates at Walt Disney World Resort.
Theme park merchandise purchased during the day can be delivered to a designated location near the front entrance for convenient pick-up as you exit the park. To utilize this service, simply let the retail clerk know during time of purchase.

Resort Hotel Delivery – Currently Unavailable

At this time, our Resort Home Delivery service is temporarily paused. Learn more about recent updates at Walt Disney World Resort.
If you’re staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you can arrange to have park souvenirs delivered to your hotel instead of carrying them around with you all day. Simply tell the retail clerk during time of purchase and arrangements will be made quickly and easily.

Home Delivery​

Theme park purchases can also be shipped to your home via UPS or FedEx for an additional fee.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/package-pickup-and-delivery/
I do spy the words ‘temporarily paused’, so maybe if enough people ask for it, they will reinstate this service once the workforce issue is resolved.

I do spy the words ‘temporarily paused’, so maybe if enough people ask for it, they will reinstate this service once the workforce issue is resolved.

Oh I agree it will come back, I can imagine they are losing money. We always ship back to hotel or front gate, I'm not carrying stuff around. Needless to say last 4 trips we have shopped very little, didn't even bother going in the stores.

I think you are right that it is about staffing. I've always said I can't imagine what it takes to move those packages to front gate or resorts. It might take awhile to bring all that back.

Another reason we took advantage of this service in the past was to secretly purchase Christmas presents. We stayed for 8 Christmas holidays, so being able to purchase gifts secretly and collect them after his bedtime from the resort worked a treat. As far as he was concerned Santa brought them on Christmas morning.

Parks (MK especially) has centrally located lockers? I thought they were all back towards the front, but maybe I'm wrong?

No, they are towards the front of the park, but that’s what we do if there is stuff we know we’ll be getting or bringing that we don’t want to lug around all day. It’s a bit of a pain to double back but it is a good solution, for now. I’m sure they will bring back resort delivery as soon as they can. It’s got to be better for sales.

No, they are towards the front of the park, but that’s what we do if there is stuff we know we’ll be getting or bringing that we don’t want to lug around all day. It’s a bit of a pain to double back but it is a good solution, for now.
We are going in August. We are from a colder climate lol, I don't see me being able to do that. I'm praying to survive the heat :)

This is great news! I won't be buying any snow globes or Christmas ornaments or tea pots or light sabers or droids or anything else I can't hold between my teeth and run with! Thanks disney! I can put my merch budget toward increased food, resort, and transportation costs!

This is especially challenging when purchasing bulky or heavy items.

I was able to purchase ceramics in low supply and hold for pickup on my way out.

Better than nothing but don't forget to pick up lol!

I think you are right that it is about staffing. I've always said I can't imagine what it takes to move those packages to front gate or resorts. It might take awhile to bring all that back.

When I worked merch at Disneyland, package pickup was done via golf carts that were driven around backstage from location to location. They came by every two hours or so? (This was 22+ years now so my memory is admittedly a little fuzzy.) I wasn't trained on this job, but the people who did it LOVED it. I can't claim to have inner knowledge at WDW but I would imagine they used a similar system.

When I worked merch at Disneyland, package pickup was done via golf carts that were driven around backstage from location to location. They came by every two hours or so? (This was 22+ years now so my memory is admittedly a little fuzzy.) I wasn't trained on this job, but the people who did it LOVED it. I can't claim to have inner knowledge at WDW but I would imagine they used a similar system.
It make sense there would have to be a "wheeled" transport but I still think there would have to be a huge commitment of staff. I mean after they pick up from each location it would have to go to a central location, sort by Resort, pack & load on trucks, taken to each resort. I know at some resorts, like POP Century there seemed to be two additional CMs working that desk that they don't have right now, in addition to whoever sorted and shelved in back room, logging into the books we had to sign.

It is a great service, much appreciated, and I appreciate the cost that must be involved to perform it. Of course that cost is all built into the room rate. I wish the front gate pickup could return, it would be a plus for most guests. It could be brought back for a much lower cost than resort delivery.

We are going in August. We are from a colder climate lol, I don't see me being able to do that. I'm praying to survive the heat :)
Me too, first ever visit in August from the north of England, so it'll be a shock to our system. I've been once in September 26 years ago and I remember the sweat running down my face 🥵

I hope WDW brings it back. If they only ship the items to a U.S. address, that doesn't help us Canadians, etc. And even if they would ship out of country, the cost, and customs fees wouldn't be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter