In Search of My Body - Not the One I Ate... Vol. 6: Goddesses just want to have fun

Hi guys!!! Went shopping with the girls today. They have a 4 day weekend. We had a good time.

I'm not joining the diet talk until I'm actively dieting! Any day now, any day.

Diet talk??? :lmao:Did you not read about my island of savory finds? ;)

Nancy - I ashamed to say I did not do it. Will be on it tomorrow. It's a block I must break through for sure.

Paula and Nancy - are your weight workouts all heavy? My intervals are more exhaustion of the body parts in the weight intervals - but I'm interested in the other side of the coin - heavy weights.

Paula - you've often talked about Jesse's ridiculous numbers. Could you repeat a few of them to give me an idea of what he's pushing you to ?

I'm considering a change in routine - something to get me out of this funk. Exercise has never been an issue. Regardless, I'll be on my regular tomorrow.

Diet talk??? :lmao:Did you not read about my island of savory finds? ;)

Nancy - I ashamed to say I did not do it. Will be on it tomorrow. It's a block I must break through for sure.

Paula and Nancy - are your weight workouts all heavy? My intervals are more exhaustion of the body parts in the weight intervals - but I'm interested in the other side of the coin - heavy weights.

Paula - you've often talked about Jesse's ridiculous numbers. Could you repeat a few of them to give me an idea of what he's pushing you to ?

I'm considering a change in routine - something to get me out of this funk. Exercise has never been an issue. Regardless, I'll be on my regular tomorrow.

Hi Lisa... I am not sure what specific info you are looking for, but I generally am using anywhere between 30 - 40 pound dumbells for lunges (both walking and in place) and squats. I tend to drop down to 15 - 25 pound dumbells when doing shoulder presses and bent over rows. Chest presses are usually with 30 pound dumbells. If I am squatting with a bar bell on my shoulders I am usually carrying 95 pounds, but sometimes this goes up to 135. We just started lunges with the bar bell and I think he had this at 85 pounds. I also do some things of the cable machines, but I don't remember what weights they were set at. Mostly lat pulls and squat with a lat pull.

These weights will change depending on what segmet of training I am in. If I a doing functional strength or endurance, than the weight goes down and the number of reps goes up (3 sets of 15 or until failure). If I am in my strength building segment than the weights go up and the number of reps goes down (3 sets of 10 - 12).

Whoa - did I just spew all of that workout mumbo jumbo? Who knew? :rotfl2:

Good luck Lisa. I know you will bet back into the swing of things in no time. Don't be afraid of the gym - it is your friend...

Hi Lisa... I am not sure what specific info you are looking for, but I generally am using anywhere between 30 - 40 pound dumbells for lunges (both walking and in place) and squats. I tend to drop down to 15 - 25 pound dumbells when doing shoulder presses and bent over rows. Chest presses are usually with 30 pound dumbells. If I am squatting with a bar bell on my shoulders I am usually carrying 95 pounds, but sometimes this goes up to 135. We just started lunges with the bar bell and I think he had this at 85 pounds. I also do some things of the cable machines, but I don't remember what weights they were set at. Mostly lat pulls and squat with a lat pull.

These weights will change depending on what segmet of training I am in. If I a doing functional strength or endurance, than the weight goes down and the number of reps goes up (3 sets of 15 or until failure). If I am in my strength building segment than the weights go up and the number of reps goes down (3 sets of 10 - 12).

Good luck Lisa. I know you will bet back into the swing of things in no time. Don't be afraid of the gym - it is your friend...

Exactly what I was looking for Paula. Thank you so much.

I'm not afraid of the gym. :lmao. I'm afraid that I've been so incredibly spolied at my condo gyms that I'll be POed at something every two seconds. :rotfl: Oh anger management - maybe I should look into it. :laughing: ;)

My weight intervals - which I do have to remember have brought success for me - are not as heavy.

I have this heavy weight paranoia Paula. How do I explain? Whenever I start on heavy weights my arms no longer fit/lay flat beside my chest. Yes, that sounds bizarre. It just gets very uncomfortable. Seriously. Ie. my chest is very broad.

But I read recently that muscles do not shrink at first and that they literally don't until somewhere around three months into a new program. And that it's common for people during this period to think that they are building in size when in the end they are not - of course.

So I'm considering heavy weights as a way to get excited about a new program again. Thanks for that. Your squat weights are insane. He's insane, eh? Insane being "wow wee". :lmao::lovestruc

I just have to say Jean's head is in the freezer. Yes, it's IN the freezer. And if I hear one more minute of "HEAT WAVE!!!!" by the minute updates - I'm going to friggin' lose it. :lmao:

I swear I'll whip the ice pack across the room.

By God - I don't know how I'm going to survive her menopause and then mine. :rotfl2:

Lord have mercy.

If I don't exercise tomorrow Nancy - start praying for me. :rotfl:

I adore Jean. I would so trade some of the people in my life for her. But having witnessed just a small bit of the HOT FLASH I can laugh along with this. It's HI LAR IOUS! :lmao:

Lisa - I need to find Jean one of those towels. STAT.

I adore Jean. I would so trade some of the people in my life for her. But having witnessed just a small bit of the HOT FLASH I can laugh along with this. It's HI LAR IOUS! :lmao:

Lisa - I need to find Jean one of those towels. STAT.

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl: STAT!!!!!

I told the chick I was now selling her out on the Disboards. I've hit my menopause wall. And an all time low. :lmao:

Nancy - please know I'm no longer afraid of the whistles. :worship: As soon as I wake up.

Apparently Black woman have it the worst. Or so she's claiming........

lisaviolet said:
Ronda - you get double the insanity.

I know. We're in the prep phase with dueling PMS. I am really hoping that I take after my mother and menopause comes late.

We're getting packed up for the roadtrip to Santa Fe. I ran this morning and we hope to get away before 9:30.

Everyone have a great, safe holiday weekend!

Ronda

Hey, we already scared off every guy who was brave enough to post!

So. Major news. I took a day off. By myself. To do whatever I wanted. I know! SHOCKER. Next thing you know Erika will be doing the same! :lmao:

I DITCHED A FAMILY PARTY! I'm such a rebel.

Cathie, :hug:. Sorry if I brought up a sore subject!!

As to healthy WDW meals... well, I am not the person to ask. We are actually doing the regular DDP for the first three nights, then Deluxe DDP for our family portion of the trip. We wanted to do some signatures, and D's parents are sit-down breakfast people. So, we are doing mostly breakfasts and dinners.

Usually, though, for breakfast I bring a bunch of stuff (sweet rolls or something like it) from home and have that and coffee. One of the nice things about driving down is that you aren't limited on storage space!!

Speaking of which, I am thinking of some radical change to said hair. Has anyone here ever had their hair stripped of color?

Kat-no worries. Its actually becoming a little easier to share the story as time goes on, its just a very long one haha. But honestly, like I said before, it really changed me and as I've moved on I know that I have really grown from it. Not trying to preach or anything, but I think God has a plan for me, and having a baby simply wasn't part of it.

I stripped my hair once quite a few years back. And it was awwwwful! I did it so that I could color it blonde since it was dyed black at that time and after they stripped it and recolored it, within a week it was so dry it felt like straw.

I'm coloring my hair again tomorrow so that it looks nice in our WDW pictures. Just hoping that I'm not doing it too close to goin in the pool...don't want any green hair haha! I should be able to get in enough shampoos before then that it shouldn't be a problem. I hope lol.

Cathie - I would get cereal and milk along with some bananas and eat it in the room before you leave. Picking up a pint of milk from the grab and go is cheap and easy if you don't want to deal with the cooler issue. You can buy a variety pack of cereal and pack it in your suitcase. Easy peasy...

Protein bars are another way to go, but I would still pair it with some fruit or yogurt to add to the taste and the flavor. Breakfast is a definite must for me. Without that and some much needed caffeine, I can't function.

Good luck and I am so jealous. I so want to be there...

That's a very very good idea, thanks! Since none of them really eat breakfast, I think it would be easier to just eat in the room in the morning while beyonce is getting ready.....or waiting on me is more like it haha!

Can I pack bananas in my checked luggage? Or oranges or something like that??? I wasn't sure what type of food you can pack.

I'm a total breakfast person and I don't think I could go without it every day...at least not still be awake by noon! I've got to have that energy boost in the morning.

So we're down to 6 days, and I can hardly believe it. I'm starting to go into panic mode because I have so much that needs to be done before we go, thank goodness I have Monday off!!!

Today was supposed to be a homework day, but as luck would have it,my backpack is in my car, which is at Carlos's house since I had a little.....okay a lot too much to drink last night and he ending just taking my drunk butt home. We went and saw my friend Ty's concert, and I feel really old now knowing that I couldn't even make it to the after party haha! I turn 24 in a month, so I know I still seem young, but already....gosh I feel like I am getting old. 6 drinks and I had to ask Carlos to pull over half way home. Just sad :sad2:

Today we're going to a baseball game, so I'll get a 2 mile walk in walking to the stadium and back, since we always park in the furthest lot. Gotta get our little feet ready for Disney!!!!!

Are any of the ladies going down the same time as me driving? And if so.....(this will sound so silly) are you bringing a scale? :rotfl: I'm missing 2 WW meetings while I'm there and I'd really like to keep track of my weight while we're there, but we're not renting a car, we're flying in from CO. and using Disney transportation the whole time, and we're staying at an all-star resort.........anyone have any ideas? ;)

I stripped my hair once quite a few years back. And it was awwwwful! I did it so that I could color it blonde since it was dyed black at that time and after they stripped it and recolored it, within a week it was so dry it felt like straw.

I'm coloring my hair again tomorrow so that it looks nice in our WDW pictures. Just hoping that I'm not doing it too close to goin in the pool...don't want any green hair haha! I should be able to get in enough shampoos before then that it shouldn't be a problem. I hope lol.

Are any of the ladies going down the same time as me driving? And if so.....(this will sound so silly) are you bringing a scale? :rotfl: I'm missing 2 WW meetings while I'm there and I'd really like to keep track of my weight while we're there, but we're not renting a car, we're flying in from CO. and using Disney transportation the whole time, and we're staying at an all-star resort.........anyone have any ideas? ;)

Hmm, that is a very good point, about the pool. I am currently black and would like to go back to a lighter brown. I bought the zapper-stuff but I wonder if using that, then color, would be too much when chlorine is added?

I am driving, but not bringing a scale, sorry. Also, this trip is not like my normal kind because there will be 8 of us and just coordinating getting everyone herded in the same direction will be rough... I just can't commit to anything.

I change my routine about every 3 months or so. :laughing: I need to, or else I get bored and a bit lazy. My strength routines vary alot. If I'm concentrating on just 2 or 3 muscle groups I tend to use lighter weights and do more reps of several exercises for each muscle. If I'm going for a "total body" I tend to use heavier weights to try and completely fatigue each muscle group after 3 sets of 1 exercise.

Am I making sense? :confused3

You did indeed. And I loved every word of it! :goodvibes

If I don't exercise tomorrow Nancy - start praying for me. :rotfl:

So....did you do it? :confused3

As a guy peeks in this thread, goes :scared1: and runs screaming....

:lmao::lmao:

So. Major news. I took a day off. By myself. To do whatever I wanted. I know! SHOCKER. Next thing you know Erika will be doing the same! :lmao:

:thumbsup2 Hope you are enjoying your personal time!

Also, this trip is not like my normal kind because there will be 8 of us and just coordinating getting everyone herded in the same direction will be rough... I just can't commit to anything.

:laughing: Julie McCoy Cruise Director! We'll have to get you a clip board!

Travelling with family can be lots of fun. Or a nightmare. Does everyone get along fairly well? Any "high maintenance" folks in your travel group or are they pretty much easy going?

:laughing: Julie McCoy Cruise Director! We'll have to get you a clip board!

Travelling with family can be lots of fun. Or a nightmare. Does everyone get along fairly well? Any "high maintenance" folks in your travel group or are they pretty much easy going?

Oh yeah, cuz I am such a perky little blonde!! :rotfl:

Umm... I am betting on nightmare. Hard to say, though? They are all very Southern (except FIL who is, well, senile) so it may be fine.

SIL and FIL don't get along, but she may put on a happy face for the grandchildren (her kids). :confused3

Hey, we already scared off every guy who was brave enough to post!

Liz - I have a family cookout I SO SO SO want to ditch tomorrow. Alas, I won't.

Kat - I think typically family trips to WDW are nightmares. It's so hard to please everyone. I think if you go expecting the worst it'll be ok. Just don't be negative expecting the worst or you'll be the problem, lol.

I'm watching a show called "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on the Food Network. Paula, I think you were watching it a couple weeks ago. I SO need a pizza. Preferably a, flat bread, wood fired, margharita pizza.

Poor Jean - I can't imagine.

And our room is ready!!!

While I was waiting - I forced Jean into these pics - aren't I sweet? :lmao:

101_2195.jpg

101_2196.jpg

And in case it looks fun in pictures and you think I'm being too hard on myself - well it felt like 100 degrees - she didn't fit nor did she slide. :lmao:

So we ran to our room. Savanna view (but Value points - she shoots, she scores :dance3:).

101_2211.jpg

Warning - if you are terrified of giraffes - well watch out -

It's the attack of the giraffe pics!

Windows who needs them - I'm on to giraffes:

101_2355.jpg

101_2434-1.jpg

101_2332.jpg

101_2322.jpg

101_2344.jpg

101_2442-1.jpg

And then word got out that there was a psycho giraffe stalker in their midst and this began to happen -

101_2289.jpg

Yes, I really did just post seven consecutive giraffe photos. I'm way too tired to make it blend all in!!!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter