In the market for a new digital. Best Brand?

firefly72

Mouseketeer
Okay...coming to you experts with this. What brand and model are your faves? I'm looking for something with a decent zoom, and in case you haven't noticed I am fairly camera illiterate. :rolleyes1

Thanks for your help.

What's your budget? Depending on the price, different brands lead the pack. Kodak, however, is never one of them. Used to, but not anymore. Maybe again, someday.

Olympus, any one, they are all good. I have gotten great pictures from every Olympus I have ver owned, digital or film! I reccomend that to everyone.

Also, what type of camera are you looking for? Do you want one that has all of the bells and whistles and can take really great video, etc? Do you want something pocketable that you might give up some zoom or image quality or do you not mind carrying around a "big" camera?

Imaging resource. Has relatively short lists of "Dave's Picks" that may help narrow it down for you, and a great "comparometer" to use once you do.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/

I agree with ndelaware, all brands have some good and some bad. I love my Kodak. And the other brands all have some great offerings too.

E.

elizke said:
.....I agree with ndelaware, all brands have some good and some bad. I love my Kodak. And the other brands all have some great offerings too....
Agreed. And the links listed are a great help. These helped me narrow my recent choice to a Canon 2S IS to replace my older Nikon. Read a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter