Incentives to Stay On-site After Reopening

sarah4444lip

Earning My Ears
We are normally avid onsite travelers. We've only stayed offsite once. However, our trip for July 2-9 at beach club has been cancelled and we are not able to change the dates or book for another date. We still have tickets in our account as we were using the AP discount on the room.

My question is this, with the cancelling of dining plans, fastpass+, and extra magic hours, is the incentive gone to stay on site? We were going to try and move our reservation to Sept 3-8 but with Disney not allowing new reservations, it is seeming unlikely we will be able to rebook for onsite but we are able to book one of the Hyatts in the area. Since we have valid tickets, we should be able to access the reservation system. If they do bring these items back, we would want to be onsite but do you think offsite would be okay with all the limitations?

I should note: We will have a car so getting to/from the parks won't be an issue. I'm also thinking a mid day break won't be a necessary with the shortened hours?

We are normally avid onsite travelers. We've only stayed offsite once. However, our trip for July 2-9 at beach club has been cancelled and we are not able to change the dates or book for another date. We still have tickets in our account as we were using the AP discount on the room.

My question is this, with the cancelling of dining plans, fastpass+, and extra magic hours, is the incentive gone to stay on site? We were going to try and move our reservation to Sept 3-8 but with Disney not allowing new reservations, it is seeming unlikely we will be able to rebook for onsite but we are able to book one of the Hyatts in the area. Since we have valid tickets, we should be able to access the reservation system. If they do bring these items back, we would want to be onsite but do you think offsite would be okay with all the limitations?

I should note: We will have a car so getting to/from the parks won't be an issue. I'm also thinking a mid day break won't be a necessary with the shortened hours?

Until we know how they are prioritizing the park reservations, I think this may be hard to determine. As PP noted, if APs have priority access to the system, you may be golden staying at the Hyatt. If all else is taken away, the only advantage to staying onsite may be proximity to parks (nothing beats walking into EP from BC, IMHO!). Personally, I would book Hyatt (assuming it has a flexible cancellation policy) and then wait to see what WDW announces in terms of the reservation system.

Until we know how they are prioritizing the park reservations, I think this may be hard to determine. As PP noted, if APs have priority access to the system, you may be golden staying at the Hyatt. If all else is taken away, the only advantage to staying onsite may be proximity to parks (nothing beats walking into EP from BC, IMHO!). Personally, I would book Hyatt (assuming it has a flexible cancellation policy) and then wait to see what WDW announces in terms of the reservation system.

Thank you for the input! We booked beach club for that exact reason :( Hyatt has an extremely flexible cancellation policy so that may be our best bet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter