• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Indiana Jones forwards again??

diberry

DIS Veteran
Rumour has it that the Indiana Jones ride will shut on 29th November and re-open on 4th December going forwards again. Don't know how reliable this info is but thought people might be interested.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Why would they do such a terrible thing!!!!! I like it as it is now!!!!!!!!!

Great !! I would go on it if it is going forward as I have heard sooooo many bad reports about the ride running backwards!I hope this is more than a rumor.:sunny: :crazy: :crazy:

i do hope so I hate it going backwards. last time I went on I came off feeling so ill i couldn't go in Phantom Manor with the rest of my family. It took till lunchtime before I felt OK again.

I will never ride it again if it contiues to be backwards but may try it if it returns to going forwards. I have ridden it forwards & I wasn't ill

I hope this is true too!!! I've never dared go on it cos it goes backwards!!!:eek:

Verity,xxxx

Officially confirmed - ride re-opens this Saturday 4th December going forwards. Are we brave enough to try it this time???????????????????????????????? :earseek:

I am amazed that they can reverse the ride direction in a matter of days! Surely it would have to tested for hours and hours prior to being opened to the public?

Apparently, when they turned it round to go backwards, curves had to be adjusted to reduce the lateral G-forces and the new trains had to carry two more passengers while retaining the same weight. So this needed some serious engineering and so turning it around again shouldn't be that complicated. The wheel chassis would stay in the same direction and only the seats would be mounted the other way around.
Some reports say that they factored in an eventual turn back forwards when they changed it originally, so it could be changed back without too much effort at any time.
I'm only reporting what I've read but there is a board up outside the ride at the moment stating that it will re-open on Sat going forwards again and they've already taken away the "a l'envers" signs. Still wondering if I can be brave enough or chicken out like I usually do!! Any advice anyone please?

Oh, this makes me very glad! I think Indiana Jones is the only Disney ride (between all the parks in WDW and DLP) that I absolutely disliked from the very first time I rode. Hopefully it will be better when it goes forwards.

Oh, I totally agree with those who hated the ride backward. We tried it last year and while I didn't get sick or have pain as some people reported, I got off saying "what is this ride doing in a Disney park?". It just seemed like a rough roller coaster - no "magic" whatever....
Anyway, I'll be game to try it forward when we go next month!

Superb!!! I was thinking about giving it a miss at New Year if it went backwards - I love rollercoasters but very few have ever given me the pain this thing did going backwards!! I am hoping it will actually be a nifty little number going forwards!!

One our our kids wasn't tall enough to ride when we were there, so I gladly volunteered to stay behind with her!

I'm another who just did not enjoy it backwards.
Glad to see that they are revering it, allowing you to see much more!

Reid

I can confirm that the Indiana Jones Ride does now go backwards. It was shut Thursday and Friday and reopened yesterday. I don't think many people realised the change had been made though as it had the shortest waiting time of all.

I'm a bit confused... are you saying that they did not change it back after all? The "confirmed rumor" had it that it would now be forward again.. but you are saying they did not change it?

Sorry to be so thick!
:blush:

Sorry!! My post meant to read that Indiana Jones Ride does in fact now go forwards. There was a sign outside the park gates on Thursday and Friday stating that they were changing it. Yesterday it was definately open again and was definately going FORWARDS.

Thanks so much for confirming that! I'm excited to try it next month. Maybe it will no longer be the only Disney ride I don't like!!

:Pinkbounc :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter