Inexpensive comfy shoes?

tigger2222

Earning My Ears
I know Teva's are probably the best shoes for walking, but they are so expensive, can anyone recommend a less expensive alternative?

Thanks

Personally, I don't like Tevas for WDW. Or any sandal, for that matter. I prefer to wear socks and walking type sneakers. Much more comfortable and your feet stay clean! You will notice that this is what the VAST majority of people will also have on their tootsies.

I wear just plain old Reebok Classic sneakers..have tried more expensive ones, do no like them at all....I wear them with brand new mens white socks..as mens socks are generally more comfortable and more padded when new....this works well for me and I have arthritis in my feet..

:D :D :D :D :D

I like good athletic shoes, and if you watch for sales, you can usually get good ones for not too much money, especially if they're being discontinued. Personally, I don't recommend Keds type shoes for Disney. The arch supports aren't good enough, and they make my calves and shins hurt by the end of the day.

I never thought of the dirty thing, gosh I bet my feet would be filthy. Thanks, I think I'll save my sandals for the pool and going out to eat etc. I'll bring by reliable old nikes for the parks. I KNOW they don't hurt my feet.

TIG:p

I don't like sneaks for the parks because if it rains your feet stay soaked for a long time.

I wear these hiking sandals made by timberland which dry up faster than you can think about it. I don't worry too much about dirty toes, I'll head back to the hotel and shower later anyway.

Some Tevas fit comfortably, but some straps cut my skin after several hours. I don't like them for long walks.
LLBean makes these sneakers open- cut just like sandals. You get the best of both.

I'd pick an all weather, hiking sports sandal and sneaks on a confirmed dry day.

Wanda

We did Busch Gardens twice, Seaworld Twice, MK twice, AKL once and TL once in 11 days. We tend to spend all day in a park once we are there - so alot of walking each time.

I got my kid's sports sandals from Wallmart for under $20 a pair. My husband and I picked ours up from Zellers for about $25 a pair.

We wore nothing but those sandals the whole time we were in Florida. Packed sneakers and socks but all they did was take up space in the suitcase. I saw people with sneakers and socks - that looks so hot! And what about water rides - ugh. I bet they had soggy toes after some of those.

So I'd recommend stopping by Wallmart (or Zellers if you are in Canada) and finding a comfy pair of cheap old sports sandals that fit your feet properly (we tried alot of pairs before we found ones that suited us). They should do you just fine. We didn't have any problems at all with our cheapys - and they are still in perfectly good shape. And our feet are too.

The only feet problems we had were on the kids. After a day at the beach in soggy water shoes, their feet had some pressure point sores. Nothing worse for feet than being soggy. Amazingly, their cheap sandals were still comfortable, even with those sores. Can't beat that! We forgot about the water shoes after that, and just used the sandals on the beach, at the pool, in the waterpark. All our sandals dried off quickly anyway.

I wear sandals AND socks, so does my 16 year old DS. The more sartorially sophisticated among us (DH and 13 year old DD) wear socks and tennis. We all pack extra socks for a change if it rains but personally I find wet tennis very uncomfy, besides my DD swears I dress "that way" just to embarass her!:jester:

I bought a pair of AirStep shoes at Walmart and they are fantastic! They are sooo cushioned inside and the material they are made out of ("man made") is very flexible. I have them in a pair a mocassin type shoes but they have a wide variety of shoes made by these people. I think it is their version of the Cobbie Cuddlers. If memory serves me, they were under $15.00:smooth:

I don't know how many times my 15-year-old DD has looked at me and said, "Oh.... You're wearing that ?" My response is usually something like, "Only if I can't find anything worse!" LOL...

We just got Teva's for our July trip, another attempt in the endless quest to find truly comfortable footwear. I always get blisters from sneaks and socks, so I'm giving sandals a try next time.

The Perfect Disney Touring Outfit (for me anyway):

Disney T-Shirt and jersey shorts purchased from the Character Warehouse (I have quite a collection)
Tartan Pooh cap over pony-tail (from same source)
Nice thick tennis socks
Teva-type sandals (Target, I think)

We love looking at all the different ways people dress for a day at Disney. It's my vacation too and I'm wearing what I want!

:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter