• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inexpensive hotels in Vegas

I've been looking at The Orleans for our trip next spring. Is it within walking distance of the strip? It doesn't look too far away on the map, but I know how deceiving maps can be :scared:

Maps never deceive - we only read them wrong! :rotfl:

Keep the suggestions coming, guys. I still have plenty of time before I even have to think about making any ressies, but the more I read, the more I learn, and by the time I do have to make ressies, I hope I'll know enough to make an informed decision that meets my needs and my budget.

We stayed at South Point Sept '07 and felt we got real value for our dollar. Fun book got us BOGO buffets B, L and D as well as free bottle of house wine (Barefoot). Spacious room with everything you need.
Its location will give you good access to the sites you want and it was an easy drive to the Rental Car facility as well as MGM for the night we went to KA.

I second the South Pointe. We got rates on Priceline--don't remember how much, but quite reasonable. It was really nice, and well-ventilated. Unless that Motel 6 on Trop has been refurbed in the last few years, I thought it was a dump when I stayed there. And I paid $88 for a double on a Saturday night.

I've stayed at Motel 6 when I was in college and on a budget. It was fine for what you need. You might also want to look in to Primm, Nevada, it is a ways from Las Vegas (about 45 miles) but if you aren't looking to do anything on the Strip, and will be driving to those other destinations, it should work fine. Buffalo Bills is the nicer hotel out there, but not too pricey at all.

Stratosphere is also decent. We're going in a few weeks and that is where we are staying, got killer mid week deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter