Infant/Toddler Water Play Area

Michelle

<font color=darkgreen><i>"It's like Lord of the Fl
This isn't really NEW (we posted this here a while back) but DCL just put out this information:

Disney Cruise Line Makes Pool Enhancements for Infant Guests

The U.S. Public Health Service requires that all children be toilet trained before entering shipboard pools and spas. As a result, we are introducing a fountain play area near the Mickey Pool. This area was designed exclusively for the enjoyment of young children wearing swim diapers.

Despite being separate from the swimming pool, the fountain play area meets the same stringent guidelines required of all of our pools and spas, which are monitored for cleanliness throughout the day, tested daily and inspected by independent public health officials regularly.

Just FYI. :)

This is really great news!!
I think it is wonderful Disney has finally come up with a fun water sport for the toddlers and babies. Our 2 toddlers (and parents)would have loved something like this on our Dec cruise.

Ditto the other praises. This puts my mind at ease, i.e. my baby won't be trampled or splashed on by the big kids. :)

Originally posted by lrmillen
This puts my mind at ease, i.e. my baby won't be trampled or splashed on by the big kids. :)

It's one of Mickey's ears at the Mickey pool... so I wouldn't count on not getting splashed.

Is this on both the Magic and Wonder? I thought it was only in place on the Magic.

It is so great to see that Disney took a bad situation that was not in their control and came up with a solution to help everyone. I feel more at ease if my toddler is with all little ones anyway.I guess they do read these boards. Way to go DCL.

Is this on both the Magic and Wonder? I thought it was only in place on the Magic.

Mickey's Ear shot up water like a fountain on the Wonder as well - it just wasn't billed as an alternative for infants or those in swim diapers, so there were a lot of older kids playing in the ear, too.
This makes sense and gives the younger kids an alternative to stay cool and have fun in the water. I hope DCL posts something at the pool to try to have parents keep the bigger kids out of the ear, but I'm sure that will be next to impossible! My guess is that DCL figured out a way to be technically compliant with the regulation without really changing anything!

Thank you Thank you Thank you! This is the first I've heard/read about this. I'm so relieved that my toddler will be able to be "in the pool" with his older brother in Sept. Way to go Disney!!

Woobie

When we were on the Wonder in May there was "shooting water" near the ears but from what we were told it still wasn't ready for the little tikes. Infants and toddlers not potty trained were still not allowed in it because the ears did still hold water that the kids could swim in. They said the Magic was being redone that week and that the Wonder would be fixed beginning part of June to accomodate the toddlers/babies and regulations. They said it would be in "one ear"--so we'll see... So hang in there...it's coming on both ships!! Yea!!:D

When we were on the 5/10 Western, one of the ear was fenced off, and we saw people working on it. On our Castaway day, they opened it and filled it with water, but we didn't see any signs indicating an age limit. I suspect they probably just reroute the water filtration pipes, so the water from that ear will not co-mingle with the other pools. That way, if there's a baby accident, they can just quickly flush, clean and refill that one ear instead of shutting down the entire pool.

WebmasterMichelle
Would it be appropriate to put this in the Important posting category with sea lice and cozumel taxi rates. I'm sure there are going to be future readers with young children who will be interested in this info.

We used this "ear" on the 5/17 cruise and it made a big difference. The water was constantly circulating in the ear and was much cleaner looking that the main Mickey pool area. There were always moms with their infants/toddlers in the ear and it was a nice place to sit with your baby.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter