infants

queenof4hearts

Mouseketeer
Hello, I have two questions:

1. Would you bring a 13 week old on the ship or leave them w/ a grandparent for 7 nights? We would be bringing our 4,5, & 8 yr old with us.

2.If I were to bring an infant what do I do with them? Is there sitting services in room or in a special area? Is any
sitting service at an additional cost?

Thank you. We are not going till June 2004 but I would like to plan a baby between now and then. :teeth:

Originally posted by queenof4hearts
Hello, I have two questions:

1. Would you bring a 13 week old on the ship or leave them w/ a grandparent for 7 nights? We would be bringing our 4,5, & 8 yr old with us.

2.If I were to bring an infant what do I do with them? Is there sitting services in room or in a special area? Is any
sitting service at an additional cost?

Thank you. We are not going till June 2004 but I would like to plan a baby between now and then. :teeth:

Sorry I wish I could answer your questions. Just wanted to give you a heads up...

it sounds like you are planning a to have another child. If that is the case, then the baby is counted as a passenger. If you have booked a cruise, I think you would need to inform and get room for the baby. I do not think you can show up with an baby that was not on the list.

Other posters?? Please verify...

The baby would be counted as a passenger. At least an infant is inexpensive, but this might mean either a suite or 2 cabins to fit the number of people (might be your intention anyway). If you haven't had it yet, timing is everything, but of course you would know well in advance if you need to cancel.
Flounder's is the place for babies. They are open at various times. An infant would be easy there (vs. my 2 year old who has separation anxiety & doesn't want to be left). There is a charge, has been 6./hour with a minimum. I have always been happy with their services (wish my DD was also).
DCL has pack'n'plays for your room & has also given me a diaper genie. A small infant would be easier to take than an older one ie 6-9 months b/c of the food issue (I can't imagine taking baby food & cereal etc with me & don't know if they supply it)

Good luck with your plans.

Thank you for your advice. We are staying in a suite so room would not be an issue. I would not think there would be a charge for an infant. They don't eat anything but formula or nurse. Although I did not check this out. Thanks for the heads up.;)

The fee is for port charges & taxes, so it's only around 120. & up depending on #'s of days.

Flounders, as stated is $6/hour with a two hour minimum. As stated by an ealier post, infants are easier to leave in Flounders. My niece who is 4.5 months slept most of the time in Flounders, where my son, 16 months, enjoyed it for two days, then hated it. Flounders was open from 8ish to 1or 2pm then they reopen around 5:45pm and close at either 12am or 1am depending on the night. My son was confirmed for all his time slots which were 2x a day, and my niece got all her slots as well. So, sign up for each day(day and night) whether or not you want them. You are confirmed each night for the times for the next day. You have an oppertunity to cancel your slot as long as it is 4 hours before. If you choose not to cancel, and don't show, you then are charged $3/hour for your time slot.

queenof4hearts,

It's no wonder you don't have a space problem. I just saw your other post about your cabin, room 8030 W.E.Disney suite!! :earseek: :earseek:

As CGC33A said, they'll only charge the baby port fee and taxes. For our Western cruise in May, they charged my DD (almost 2) $148.77.

We have never used Flounder's so can say how it is. However, if the grandparents are reiable and familiar with the baby, I would seriously consider leaving the baby at home. Two reasons:

1. At that age, the baby will be too small to be aware of what's going on and will most likely derive no pleasure from the trip. Given your time and attention to the baby will be limited on the trip, I think he/she will be more happy with being the focus of doting grandparents. It'll also save the baby from the hazard and stress of traveling.

2. You will be spending so much more time with the new baby that the older children may feel ignored whether they show it or not. By dedicating your full attention to them for this trip, you can send them the right message. The baby will limit what you can do with them.

Anyway, I'm only a father. What do I know... :o :confused: :o :confused:

din,

Howdy! I see we're living closer now than before...

I used to live in Indiana near Lafayette. ;) ;)

Just check with DCL.....I believe there is a minimum age limit for babies....I don't think they are allowed to sail under a certain age.

MJ

The minimum age is 12 weeks. Personally I would bring the baby, I'd have a hard time leaving a 3-month old at home for a week. Maybe you could bring a grandparent ALONG on the trip to help with the babysitting? :) Flounder's is an excellent babysitting service as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter