• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Information on Key West

snelsonbrown

"We are all travelers in the wilderness of this wo
Hello there
As I have mentioned many times before - this is Shirley with The Perfect Gift here in Cape Canaveral - most of all born and raised in Key West, Florida - one of the endangered species - two-legged Conchs - anyhow I have offered to those going on the Western cruise that if they wished to have information as to what to do and where to go in my hometown - I have pamplets, coupons, maps etc on Key West - at one time I would send them at my cost, but since there was so much interest - it got to where I had to have those that were interested to send me a self addressed 9" envelope with about $3.25 stamps attached to the envelope - I will be going back to KW sometime in the first part of January to check on my family, and hope to go and speak again with some of the merchants to see what they will offer the cruisers - unfortuanlty most of the original conchs are or have left Key West and those that do business, I do not know,but I do know enough of those that I know who does offer honest business with the tourist and then I know those that don't - anyhow those that will be going after January, can wait til I get back with more info and those that want them before then, can send the envelope to as follow:
Shirley
c/o The Perfect Gift
6550 North Atlantic Avenue
Cape Canaveral, Florida 32920
If there is anything that I can help with or answer, just drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com
Hope each and all get ready for a super Holiday.
Blessings to all
With love always
Shirley

IT WAS GREAT! Jam packed with maps, coupons all kind of goodies to get you excited. It definately helped us plan what to do in key west. Thanks again shirley! I can't wait to see my son's face when he sees out Yugioh package in eight days!

Hopefully you should have gotten or will be getting my request any day (if you haven't already).
Thanks in advance!!!!

Rick yours has been on its way and you should receive it by tomorrow - thanks for sending the big envelope - makes it so much easier - I also wrote you a note of one particular place to stay away from - I am a conch and know better, BUT got took big time by them - I will see them when I go back in January 2003.
Hope you enjoy the package - write and let me know.
As Always
Shirley

Shirley, hello!

We'll be in Key West on the 12/7 cruise... have not planned anything to do... we are a family of 6 and have planned excursions at the other ports of call, but not in Key West.

Any suggestions for something quick, easy, cheap? Or, any suggestions for a reputable shop to buy a few trinkets / tshirts/ etc.. ???

We don't want to spend much time in Key West... i think we might treat it more like a day at sea... but thought we might get off the boat for a bit...

Thanks Tons!
Jodie

Thanks Shirley! Just received the Key West & Cocoa Beach info today. Loaded with great information, Thanks so much for doing this for us!

Valli

Hello Jodie,
Thank you for writing - First Key West does not have much for children - it is an adult playground - quite different from when I grew up there but then that was waaaaaaay back in time - as for things to do and you do not want to wonder from Mallory square - there is a lot to see just around MS ----As for Tee shirt shop, I am so sorry, but I really don't know of one that is honest down there except at Clinton Square which is again by MS - the most honest I have found down there too is Vinny and his brother Gary that own Touch of Gold - everyone I have ever sent there, he has treated beyond compare - Vinny is right by Keno Sandals - the one shop I found to be most dishonest was Coconut Island on the corner of Eaton and Duval - here I am a conch and know how they deal and know better and I allowed myself to get taken last time I was there, but I intend to take care of when I go back in January - A neat place to go is Meson De Pepe - right there also at Mallory Square - it has pictures of the way Key West once was - there is also pictures there of my grandfather who was the first latin professor in the only latin school which is the San Carlos on Duval Street - he taught as a professor/director for 35 years and that is only because he passed on - he was a toughie from what I understand - there is a few things to pass time away - I hope that I have helped some - if you have any other questions, please drop me a note - I always tell folks to go on the conch train it gives a lot of history and if the driver is good - can make it a lot of fun -
Anyhow have a wonderful time and look out for all the chickens.
I want to add that the panhandlers sometimes make it difficult for the tourist - at one time, I would donate, but decided they now outnumber the chickens and they can do something about their lives or at least most of them can -----an I have a big heart.
Enough of the rambling --I do that when it comes to being a conch/
Take care and have a very safe trip.
Always
Shirley

Thanks Shirley! I'm going to print out your reply and take it with me... i'm guessing we won't spend much time off the boat...

Not a bad thing!

Dios Te Bendiga!
Jodie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter