Ingdirect Faqs~Do Not Post Referrals Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mckeonfive, We also used one email for mine and my children's referrals (a total of 3 sent to that address). But we too ran into the same problem with hotmail on a friend's referral. :confused:

Maybe that's it. My original referral from a DIS'er came to me at my hotmail account, though. I'll try again and send them to my local email account and see what happens.

Thanks for your replies.
mckeonfive

Originally posted by mckeonfive
Okay now after I read my message I am wondering since my hotmail account is the one I opened the savings account with , maybe I can't email to that same email address. Is that what happened? I'm just confused. :rolleyes:

I opened all 5 of our accounts on my yahoo address and they all came through!!
Pam

Okay, YAYYYY!! It finally worked. I opened a yahoo email address and everything went through.

Thanks so much,
mckeonfive:)

I have a hotmail email address and they are definately having some problems with mail delivery. It is taking them 2-3 days to send me my mail which is extremely frustrating to me.

Hotmail had me very frustrated. You may want to try opening a Yahoo email account. It took maybe at the most 5 minutes to open and has been working great. My emails came almost immediately.

mckeonfive

Trying to set up kids accounts. I emailed them to separate email accounts rather than mine. When I tried imputting their info it will not allow me to open the account with my personal checking account. It comes up that the joint member already has account linked with that checking account number. So what's up?:confused:

Have you guys used your account at all to refer your husband/wife for the home equity line of credit to get the $100 bonus plus the $25 for your account???

I was thinking about doing this for a small amount just to get the bonus money and then just paying the loan back immediately. Anyone have any opinions on this?

Just an FYI...I just signed up using the Turbo Tax link. I couldn't find my Product Key for 2003 so I tried the one I had for 2002...It WORKED!!

Thanks to everyone for this great thread!! I just love free $$$$$.
Now I gotta refer my BF, DD, Brothers etc and get more free $! :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by kaf7878
Have you guys used your account at all to refer your husband/wife for the home equity line of credit to get the $100 bonus plus the $25 for your account???

I was thinking about doing this for a small amount just to get the bonus money and then just paying the loan back immediately. Anyone have any opinions on this?

A few things to consider:

I'm not sure that you could refer your spouse for a home equity loan unless your name does not appear on the deed or mortgage to the property. It would sort of be like referring yourself.

Check the Home Equity Loan FAQs to make sure that it won't cost you money in the end. Although ING does not charge a fee to process the line of credit, some states - FL included - charge a tax on home equity loans. It can be as much as $2 per $100 of credit limit. That could make a $1000 line of credit cost you $20!

Lastly, having a home equity line of credit has an impact on your credit score. The degree to which it affects your credit score would depend on the amount of the loan and other outstanding debt you may have.

In all, it might be worth looking into but check everything out before you commit to getting the line of credit.

Hi guys!

I see some of you are asking for referrals, but as Dolphincrazy has said, this is not allowed. Please refrain from asking for Referrals on this thread from now on as I would really appreciate it and you would make my job a whole lot easier!! ;):)

Thanks so much! :)

I did it! I was able to refer my DH and my DS - I had to be a joint owner on my son's account but it still worked and they are all linked to my checking account. My DH and I decided that not only would it be a great way to save for our vacation but it'll also be great for saving for Christmas. That is always a tight time of the year for us! Who knows, maybe if we keep this up, we'll be able to save for our trip in 2006 and stay in a Deluxe resort! That would be GREAT! This is a great way to save money. I am so thankful to those that led me to it!

Good Morning DISers - :sunny:

I opened an account for myself and DH (joint) then one for our son as a referral. All went very smoothly! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Now for a question, does anyone know if I can now open an account in my DHs name (joint account also, his name first this time) with the Turbo Tax link and get the bonus $? Is it one per couple even if we switch the order of the names? :crazy:

Hope that question makes sense.

Thanks!!

Hi,
I've just heard about this online bank over on another thread...Here's my question how safe is it???Where is the bank coming from[state]???I just want to be safe don't want to just hand over my social and bank account to just anyone...It sounds good i just want to really make sure before i go ahead.... Anything you could tell me about this online bank to make me feel safe please do....Thanks

It's completely safe. I've had an account now since December. I earn interest (2%) - it's applied every month.

If you are leary - check them out with the FDIC. Someone else on these boards did and was very happy with the info they received!!

Good luck!!

ING has been around since the 1990's. They are a legitimate bank and they are FDIC insured. They have a few B&M (brick & mortar) branches located in major cities. I know that they do have one in Philadelphia, but like most financial institutes, I think their headquarters is in Delaware. They are mostly a "cyberbank".

I've had an account since November and my dealings with their customer service department have all been very positive. They have been professional, courteous and helpful.

I've had no problems with duplicate transactions or missing money.

I like the fact that I can do my banking at any hour of any day. I have regular transfers set up to go from my B&M bank to ING. They've always gone thru as they were supposed to, when they were supposed to.

I've been very happy with them so far. I hope that this helps to put your mind at ease about them. Read their FAQ and About Us pages if you need more reassurance. They helped put my mind at ease before I opened my account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter