Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Milk chocolate

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • Dark chocolate

Votes: 34 50.7%
  • Flavoured chocolate (eg. Mint)

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Ghirardelli 72% Dark is the bomb. If you have not tried it, please do. It is American made in San Francisco. Drop by their store in Disney Springs.
I have grown to like their 92% Dark. And not sure how much of their chocolate is actually made in San Francisco anymore. We go to their HUGE factory outlet in Lathrop, California, 70 miles from San Francisco close to the source of their most perishable ingredient, milk. The small of chocolate in the area is overpowering and they have a nice little store and ice cream shop in the corner.

I guess it depends on my mood. I don’t mind white chocolate either (and yeah, I know it’s not real chocolate)

Ghirardelli 72% Dark is the bomb. If you have not tried it, please do. It is American made in San Francisco. Drop by their store in Disney Springs.
r.e. bold -- Sorry, not so. As in *The Princess Bride* where " ... Wesley is only mostly dead ... ", the only dark chocolate is 100% Organic Cocao !!!!

All others are ONLY ALMOST DARK Chocolate.

Last edited:

Dark chocolate. I preferred milk chocolate when I was younger, but now it's too sweet. White chocolate is an abomination.
I remember enjoying both white and milk chocolate a great deal as a kid. I also agree with you that as I've aged I don't like things that are too sweet. I prefer dark chocolate but I eat the sugar free Russel Stover version now and enjoy it a great deal. I'd eat the regular stuff if Diabetes wasn't a problem for me but I get to enjoy something sweet when the urge hits me with the sugar free version.

I do like Ghirardelli products - one of the best out there IMO

I buy these Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Flavored Melting Wafers from Walmart for under $5 for making chocolate covered strawberries, which reminds me I need to make a batch for tomorrow. Much better value than the bulk bags from Amazon who are made by some random place and are not always all that good.

Going to try covering the Maple Bacon Jerky with this cholate as well.

If you love chocolate and ever visit Cape May, stop by
http://www.louisascapemay.com/chocolatebar/

Charming little shop that curates a huge variety. A little pricey but is the best selection I’ve ever crossed.

Cape May is worth the trip too! Highly recommended if you like birds, chocolate lol, awesome food and more.

But shhhh… help keep Exit 0 a secret 🤣 and don’t tell anybody else.
Do they make their own chocolate from cocoa or do they buy ready-made chocolate and use it to make sweets?
Personally, I love chocolate, but I don't eat very sweet chocolate.

So while there is still a Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco, the company moved it's manufacturing to San Leandro which is a little further south along the bay. While still manufactured in America, the company is now owned by Swiss Chocolatier Lindt.

I usually buy chocolate from Amazon, overseas. American chocolate isn’t great, unless it’s mixed with other things, like snickers or Reese’s (and frozen). Hershey tastes like vomit. White chocolate isn’t chocolate and also gross.

I usually buy chocolate from Amazon, overseas. American chocolate isn’t great, unless it’s mixed with other things, like snickers or Reese’s (and frozen). Hershey tastes like vomit. White chocolate isn’t chocolate and also gross.
Agree for the most part. The chocolate from the big companies is pretty bad. Ghirardelli and Lindt are quite good though. Dove and Godiva are way overrated and overpriced.

Unfortunately the chocolate overseas is not what it used to be. Yes they still have to follow the rules to be considered chocolate, but feels like they have cut to the bare minimum to pass the regulations.

I had mentioned Cadbury Roses on another thread. I had bought a tub about a year or two ago and was not thrilled with them, I assumed they were just close to their expiration date. When we were back home this year we picked up a tub to bring to a family get together and we were very disappointed. Found out that many folks had switched to celebrations because the Cadbury Roses just were not that good anymore.

Before we came back to the states we did our normal shop at Tesco and brought home a bunch of stuff. Most of it was disappointing, so much so that we wont bother again in future. My kids were really looking forward to the Kit Kats, and again just not the same as it was a few years ago. They were disappointed. They were still better than the US ones, but not as much as they used to be and not worth the effort of lugging them back.

On the plus side we ate much less of the chocolate and will do so in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter