• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Interactive wands

Roobear77

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone, planning a trip to Universal for November, first time with our kids!

We are looking at interactive wands and wondering if the price on the universal shop online is the same in the park. They are listed for $59 and we were considering buying them ahead of time, but seeing as we are on Canada, it's another $70 for international shipping.

If they are the same price in the park we will just wait till we get there.
Thanks!

The same price in the park. I would also wait and do the Olivander’s wand experience. Get there first thing and if your kids are chosen you can buy the wands that choose them. We did this, my kids were both chosen and they didn’t even consider any other wands after their wands choose them. It was a great experience

Great, thanks everyone.

When we were there 7 years ago (without kids) I feel like we randomly lined up and got into the Ollivander's wand ceremony. How does it work now? How often do they do it?

Great, thanks everyone.

When we were there 7 years ago (without kids) I feel like we randomly lined up and got into the Ollivander's wand ceremony. How does it work now? How often do they do it?
It looked like they ran it all day. One groups after another. Just get there early when the park opens and you should be quick to get in. The day we went the park opened at 8am and we were in Diagon Alley around 8:30. A few groups had already gone but we had zero wait time.

It looked like they ran it all day. One groups after another. Just get there early when the park opens and you should be quick to get in. The day we went the park opened at 8am and we were in Diagon Alley around 8:30. A few groups had already gone but we had zero wait time.
Thank you!
Is it obvious where you should line up?

I also had really good luck going at night to the wand ceremony at Olivander's in Diagon Alley-- we arrived around 7:30 or 8 p.m. and there was no line. It was a Sunday night in June.

Everybody is trying to get in one last ride or see the nightly entertainment. They're not waiting in line for the wand ceremony.

I've also had excellent luck late afternoon - no line, we were in the next show & it wasn't a full show (once in Diagon Alley & once in Hogsmeade, same story). But I don't think wand choosing shows are always running all the way until park close, so you might not want to save it for very last.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter