• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Interesting Pirate Night on the Wish (Last week 4 night sailing)

EddieK76

Mouseketeer
So I'm watching Tim Tracker's video and their pirate night on the Wish was on Day 2 (Nassau port) and also their dining rotation was completely different with no repeat of Night 2 and 3 is what they said but they haven't done night 3 yet to see if the misspoke on that.

I caught that as well. I thought the Wish did Pirate Night on the 3rd night of 4 night cruises, so I was surprised to see theirs so early. I'm pretty sure the rotation is set up so you get to go to the three main dining rooms and repeat one. So their repeat will be 1923, and they said they had a reservation for that later on.

The other thing that I caught that didn't seem right is that they said that the MIckey and Minnie playspace in the Oceanears Club was something that was too 'baby' for Jackson and that they didn't think he would be much interested in it, but IIRC, he can't go to the OC anyway because it's for ages 3 and up. That playspace should be in the nursery - it's way too tame for 3+. Our kid is 22 months and it looks about his speed. But I'm curious if they'll try to take Jackson to OC later in the videos and find that he's not old enough. I felt for him with the Hero Zone part... DCL doesn't seem to have a whole lot at all for kids under 3.

I was on the same sailing last week. We were all told/expecting pirate night to be day 3. Then, the morning of embarkation, someone in the FB group posted that shoreline concierge had just informed them it was moved to day 2. Left lots of people (including us) scrambling to change our Palo reservation since we all hate the pirate night menu.

The rotation was ABBC, so yes, they misspoke in the video (i noticed that as well when I watched it).

I was on the same sailing last week. We were all told/expecting pirate night to be day 3. Then, the morning of embarkation, someone in the FB group posted that shoreline concierge had just informed them it was moved to day 2. Left lots of people (including us) scrambling to change our Palo reservation since we all hate the pirate night menu.

The rotation was ABBC, so yes, they misspoke.
I wonder if that was a one time thing because I planned to book Palo on the 3rd night of an upcoming 4 night Wish cruise????

I caught that as well. I thought the Wish did Pirate Night on the 3rd night of 4 night cruises, so I was surprised to see theirs so early. I'm pretty sure the rotation is set up so you get to go to the three main dining rooms and repeat one. So their repeat will be 1923, and they said they had a reservation for that later on.

The other thing that I caught that didn't seem right is that they said that the MIckey and Minnie playspace in the Oceanears Club was something that was too 'baby' for Jackson and that they didn't think he would be much interested in it, but IIRC, he can't go to the OC anyway because it's for ages 3 and up. That playspace should be in the nursery - it's way too tame for 3+. Our kid is 22 months and it looks about his speed. But I'm curious if they'll try to take Jackson to OC later in the videos and find that he's not old enough. I felt for him with the Hero Zone part... DCL doesn't seem to have a whole lot at all for kids under 3.

On the MV of the Wish they explained that the Mickey/Minnie play space can be part of the nursery when necessary or part of the other club. It has movable walls.

Seems it is typically night 3, but was a last-minute change to night 2 for last week's sailing.
This is correct. The rumor I heard on the ship is that they were trying to get the Aladdin show ready for night 3, so they moved pirate night to night 2. It ended up that Aladdin was not ready in time for night 3 so night 2 has no entertainment in the Walt Disney Theatre and night 3 had just a juggler.

I guess they didn’t want pirate night and Aladdin to conflict.

This is correct. The rumor I heard on the ship is that they were trying to get the Aladdin show ready for night 3, so they moved pirate night to night 2. It ended up that Aladdin was not ready in time for night 3 so night 2 has no entertainment in the Walt Disney Theatre and night 3 had just a juggler.

That's what I heard as well. The kept teasing a "surprise" and then it ended up being the juggler. Up until that very morning, the navigator app was still showing that "Lightyear" would be shown in the WDT. We kept checking the app because we had heard there would be a surprise that night. That morning we saw it switch from "Lightyear" to the juggler. We kept wondering when they figured out that Aladdin was NOT going to be ready because the juggler got on the ship in Nassau and said on his instagram that it was a last minute gig.

Possible. We did B2B on the next sailing and they did debut Aladdin on that sailing.

on the cruise ending tomorrow, pirate night was night 3 (yesterday - Wednesday night). Some of my friends are onboard. I get the impression they were then in Nassau...which I thought would be Day 2 (my cruise is next Monday). I'm not sure what went on during Day 2.

I just confirmed and moved our Palo reservation from night 3 to night 2 on the Dec 26, 4 night sailing. We are slated to be in port for Nassau day 2, so a pattern here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter