IoA touring plan, where to start?

luckycharliegirl

Mouseketeer
I apologize if this has been discussed (i'm sure it has but can't find anything on a search).
DH and I will be there in about 4 weeks (May 1 or 2). The only IoA touring plan I found is from OI, which says to start with Kong, then Hulk, etc. I expected it would suggest starting in Harry Potter.

What would YOU, the Universal experts, do?? Start with Kong or HP?
(No EE for us, not staying onsite, not Harry Potter fans but have been before, 6 years ago, and love the rides, getting there about 30 min before opening).
Thanks a million for any suggestions, advice.

I’ve been reading a Universal guidebook (The Unofficial Guide Universal Orlando 2019), which offers a variety of touring plans for different circumstances. For IOA, no early entry, and no young kids, he actually recommends starting with Hulk, then Kong, then a variety of other rides, and saving the entirety of the Wizarding World until late afternoon.

Hi I would start with Kong it tends to get a long line fast for the day. You could back track from there then go to Hulk and go around the lagoon into Marvel, then up from there. You would then end up in HP and you could stay there or head out till it gets quieter later in the day. If you were really interested in HP I would say go there from Kong to try and beat some of the later morning crowds. I am not sure what time you will be there till but Hogsmeade won't lighten as much as Diagon Alley due to the castle light show if they run it. I am not sure if they are right now.

If Kong is a priority, I would indeed likely head to it first at rope drop as it's lines are typically the largest of all attractions at IOA throughout the day.

If Kong is something you want to do definitely hit that first, then head to Hogsmeade, I suggest that if you're not into crowds, or get claustrophobic as Hogsmeade is more narrower than DA and has a lot less shops to escape to so it gets crowded and congested rather quickly. Besides, you're over there anyway. It'd be a lot of walking already first thing in the morning if you walked over to Kong only to go all the way back to the Hulk.

I’ve been looking at wait times over the past several weeks. Hulk wait times usually take off much faster than Kong. That said, I would prioritize Kong before the rides in Hogsmeade.

Thanks. I will be watching wait times in the morning, too. It does make more sense to do Hulk first, as that's what we'll pass first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter