IOA/UO vs Busch gardens

Peppeperoni

Mouseketeer
So I know this is a biased place to post this, but I’d like feedback.

I did a universal / Disney trip in May with my mom. I’m going to be in the area solo next month. I did Busch gardens as a kid but have little memory.

I’m dying at the idea of either doing universal again or Busch gardens. The sole reason for a return to UO/IOA is because of the new Harry Potter coaster. I was there most recent.

Going back to universal would also cost a little more. Both places close early that day for Halloween themed events.

What would you do?

I lean towards Busch Gardens, especially if UO trips are semi-frequent. Hagrids will be there when you return, hopefully with a more reliable wait time. If you go banking on Hagrids, and hit weather or breakdowns, or a 2hr wait, it'd be a shame for the one ride you were aiming for to be a bust.

We did Busch Gardens and Universal in August.

I don’t do thrill rides so didn’t ride anything except the train in Busch Gardens but really enjoyed the animals. I would like to go back when the weather is a little cooler and maybe with just me and dh so the rides aren’t the focus of everyone but me. But I really enjoyed the park. Would have liked to watch more of the animal and trainer interactions.

That said, if it was a choice for me between the two, I would choose Universal every time.

BUT, if it was choose one now and know I would be heading back to Uni soon either way, I would go to Busch Gardens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter