iOS 7 Now Available

I don't like it on the iPad so far. The way things swoosh open makes me dizzy and bothers my eyes. Can you not have more than one tab open in safari now? I can't seem to figure out how if you can.

I can't, because like I said I've never had an Android. It's just what people who have had Androids and have seen the new ios7 are telling me. Could be totally wrong.

It definitely seems more complicated to me. I'm about to go home for lunch so I'll download it then. How are we supposed to know all the new fun things? Is there a handbook of sorts somewhere?

Go to the Apple website. There are all kinds of descriptions and videos regarding iOS7.

Just finished installing iOS7 on my iPod Touch 5. First thing I noticed is the icons on the main screen have a 3D effect when you move your device around. If I tilt or angle my iPod, the icons move a bit while the background stays still. Kind of neat little effect!

Right now I want to figure out how to change the appearance of the icons, if possible.

Y'all have no idea how glad I am that this is finally out!! My 12 year old son is bound to work for Apple one day. He BEGGED me to let him stay home from school today because of this but I didn't. He also begged me for months to let him be an apple developer or something so that he could get it early!! Crazy kid!

I got a text from my daughter from the high school saying that their wifi finally crashed or something because of the hundreds of kids trying to download iOS 7. I didn't know that was possible.

Now they are finally home and everything in this house has iOS 7 downloading to it. One of my kids just said that iOS 8 will be out before they finish downloading it!!

Y'all have fun playing on your devices tonight! I should have a relaxing night myself since the kids will have some new entertainment!

Argh, I can't get it, what am I doing wrong? I got it downloaded but now it keeps telling me it's not available.

I've been playing with iOS7 for about a week (the golden master was released a week ago and leaked to different corners of the internet) and I can say that I'm a huuuuuge fan. :thumbsup2 Yes, it looks pretty (iOS 6 was getting a little stale) but I zip around iOS 7 a lot faster now. Switching settings quicker, tabbed/windowed displays that shows active programs, and the whole user experience I find much more enjoyable. Took me an hour or two to figure out all the little changes, but once I got used to them, I can never go back.

This was the real iphone upgrade that Apple needed this year, much more important than the 5c and 5s.

I've been playing with iOS7 for about a week (the golden master was released a week ago and leaked to different corners of the internet) and I can say that I'm a huuuuuge fan. :thumbsup2 Yes, it looks pretty (iOS 6 was getting a little stale) but I zip around iOS 7 a lot faster now. Switching settings quicker, tabbed/windowed displays that shows active programs, and the whole user experience I find much more enjoyable. Took me an hour or two to figure out all the little changes, but once I got used to them, I can never go back.

This was the real iphone upgrade that Apple needed this year, much more important than the 5c and 5s.

How do you find the moving icon thing? That's the only thing I'm really worried about. I feel like it will get annoying after a while to constantly see that.

How do you find the moving icon thing? That's the only thing I'm really worried about. I feel like it will get annoying after a while to constantly see that.

To be honest, you only notice it when you actually look for it. The movements are very slight, and you'll only really notice if you're looking right at your phone and tilting it at a sharp angle.

I am still downloading so I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I saw on another forum, someone asking about moving things making her queasy, and this was the solution...

Settings > General > accessibility > Reduce Motion > On

I got a text from my daughter from the high school saying that their wifi finally crashed or something because of the hundreds of kids trying to download iOS 7. I didn't know that was possible.

My daughter said the same thing happened at her school. She said one of her teachers finally asked the class why their crotch was so interesting. :rotfl2:

I am still downloading so I am not sure if this is what you are talking about, but I saw on another forum, someone asking about moving things making her queasy, and this was the solution...

Settings > General > accessibility > Reduce Motion > On

Thanks! I went home at lunch and tried to download it but it said my software was up to date! I think there are too many people trying to download it. I can't get on wifi at work so now I have to wait and try when I get home.

I downloaded it but when I try to install it, it keeps telling me Software Update Unavailable at this time, please try again later.

"Update unavailable" here, also. I wonder if it's just overwhelmed by demand or if they discovered a bug and had to shut down temporarily.

I am going to hold off on downloading it myself and hopefully the download and installation will go smoother.

If you get the "software unavailable" message towards the end of the process, just keep trying, over and over from that point. It took me about five tries on my iPad and at least 15 on my iPhone, but they both finally went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter