Irisbud's PJ & Wedding TR: 1/22/09: NOW COMPLETE! 3/26/2009

irisbud

I wished upon a star and... ...Disney Bride in 200
OUR WEDDING TR STARTS HERE!

Hi Girls,

Doing a little editing on my PJ, but most will remain the same. Weeding out some drama due to some unplesent cicumstances. Everything is fine.

I thought that I would start a PJ, as we have definitely decided on gtetting married in WDW! I am so excited I feel like I have been given some sort of fabulous gift! I have to keep reminding myself that there is still a long way to go before we get there!

We are going to be having an Escape Wedding at SBP on January 22, 2009 at noon followed by a luncheon at the Grand Floridian Cafe and then an empty evening. I think that adding another meal will be overplanning for our guests, and I am sure I will be exhausted by the time that evening roles around!

Sort of - May 28th is our wedding anniversary! What type of riding do you do? I am a horse trainer too - I do dressage.

We have American Saddlebreds and so saddleseat with them. I haven't ridden in a long time, with school and the job I have now. I really need to get back to it. I miss it!

Older men are always more fun... ;)

Good luck telling your mother! I can't wait to hear more about your plans :)

Has anyone else watch this show called "My Big Redneck Wedding" or something like that?

I have been sick for the past couple of days, and, as I now have an unhealthy wedding obsession to go with my unhealthy WDW obsession, my remote landed on anything that said "wedding" as there have been no Disney shows on.

Oh. My. God. I watched two episodes of this, and they were all that I could stomach. I mean, to each their own, but I'm glad this is not mine. It was truly horrifying for me. It would be my wedding nightmare.

In one episdoe the entire bridal party wore camoflauge (sp?) hunting gear (yes, that includes bridesmaids; in fact the MOH said camo is "a classic"?!?). The groom wore a como suit with a t-shirt underneath. The bride wore giant hiking boots under her dress. The bride arrived via tractor and the guests sat on modly hay bales, the backs of trucks, and camp chairs. They decorated the hall with taxidermy and served cornbread and beans. During the gift exchange, the bride recieved a pink rifle and the groom a skink.

In another episode, the groom actually spit tobacco on the ground in the middle of the ceremony (which was performed by a "gentleman" ordained in prision and wearing a prison T-shirt).

I was thinking that I should call up DFTW and tell them that this is my dream wedding. :rotfl2: I wonder what the response would be :confused3 .

Hello to another 2009 bride!!! Well, I'm calling myself a bride even though DH and I have been married for 10 years!!LOL We will have our DFT Wishes Wedding June 29th 2009. We didn't have a big wedding the first time so we are going all out for this! I have been obsessed with all things wedding related and just last night was watching My Big Fat Fabulous Wedding! I love all these wedding shows but never saw the one you are talking about! OMG, I can't even imagine CAMO at a wedding!!!:scared1: You'll get no judgement from me on your age difference with your BF! When I married I was 21 and pregnant!! Everyone had something to say but I didn't care. Funny thing is they are all divorced and DH and I are happier now than ever! Good luck talking to your mom about it. You do have the right attitude. This is your life and you know what's best for you. Good Luck and I can't wait to hear all your plans!!

Congrats! About the age difference. My BFF has been dating the same man for 8 years now. He's 50-something (51 or 52, can't remember) and she is my age, 31. They make a great couple! I have been going for the younger men since I turned 25 (haha - DBF is 11 months younger than me and reminds me every day!)

Glad to see so many others don't care. For me, it is a non-issue. I don't even think about it anymore it's just my life.

Desnik, I love Platinum Weddings and Big Fat Fabulous Wedding. I was watching those last night. Red Neck Wedding is on CMT. It's good comic relief.

I also love Bridezillas. Actually, it was sort of a small part of my inspiration for a Disney wedding. I knew if I did DFTW we would do a small wedding, and I know that when all is said and done it will be wonderful. I know that if we do a wedding at home it will have to be larger (don't want to hurt feelings, but with the EW we can just say "sorry, we can only have 18 guests and they are all very close to us"). I also know that a large wedding would turn me into a Bridezilla, no question.

Welcome to the boards and best wishes planning your wedding.

Funny you mention about the Camo wedding. I was looking for ringbearer pillows yesterday online and I found one done in camo material. I thought to myself who in the world would use this. I guess there is something for everyone.

Linda

Congrats and welcome to dis! I am fairly new here myself, but I find everyone to be really friendly and helpful! Best of luck planning your wedding, it will be a lot of fun!

Has anyone else watch this show called "My Big Redneck Wedding" or something like that?

I have been sick for the past couple of days, and, as I now have an unhealthy wedding obsession to go with my unhealthy WDW obsession, my remote landed on anything that said "wedding" as there have been no Disney shows on.

Oh. My. God. I watched two episodes of this, and they were all that I could stomach. I mean, to each their own, but I'm glad this is not mine. It was truly horrifying for me. It would be my wedding nightmare.

In one episdoe the entire bridal party wore camoflauge (sp?) hunting gear (yes, that includes bridesmaids; in fact the MOH said camo is "a classic"?!?). The groom wore a como suit with a t-shirt underneath. The bride wore giant hiking boots under her dress. The bride arrived via tractor and the guests sat on modly hay bales, the backs of trucks, and camp chairs. They decorated the hall with taxidermy and served cornbread and beans. During the gift exchange, the bride recieved a pink rifle and the groom a skink.

In another episode, the groom actually spit tobacco on the ground in the middle of the ceremony (which was performed by a "gentleman" ordained in prision and wearing a prison T-shirt).

I was thinking that I should call up DFTW and tell them that this is my dream wedding. :rotfl2: I wonder what the response would be :confused3 .

I saw a glimpse last night! OMG the groom pulled his pants down right after the kiss to show everyone is new tattoo on his butt. I guess it must of had the bride's name on it, but I had to turn it off before I got sick.:eek:

Welcome to the boards and best wishes planning your wedding.

Funny you mention about the Camo wedding. I was looking for ringbearer pillows yesterday online and I found one done in camo material. I thought to myself who in the world would use this. I guess there is something for everyone.

Linda

Thanks! I guess there is. Not for me, though! I would die if that showed up in my wedding! :laughing:

Congrats and welcome to dis! I am fairly new here myself, but I find everyone to be really friendly and helpful! Best of luck planning your wedding, it will be a lot of fun!

Thanks! I'm glad, because I don't know the first thing about planning a wedding. I've never even been a bridesmiad, actually, as none of my good girlfriends or my sister have married! I've got tons of questions, and more keep coming up, so it's great to have friendly help. We already have some Disney haters :cool2: .

I saw a glimpse last night! OMG the groom pulled his pants down right after the kiss to show everyone is new tattoo on his butt. I guess it must of had the bride's name on it, but I had to turn it off before I got sick.:eek:

:sick: I saw that too. I guess it was traumatic enough that my mind blocked it out. We can't afford to have a huge wedding either, but at least we can have a little class, whatever we do.

Some wedding stuff:

I've been looking at dresses and the like this week. I don't know when is a good time to start actually trying on dresses and thinking about buying?!? :confused3 I think that I am probably still too far out, but I don't know? I don't really change sizes...

Some dresses I like:
SanPatrickBaracares.jpg

San Patrick Baracares

SanPatrickBaltimore.jpg

San Patrick Baltimore

SanPatrickBalta.jpg

San Patrick Balta

DemetriosPrincess.jpg

Demetrios Princess

Some Tieras I like:

QueenAnnesLace.jpg

Queen Annes Lace

LadyofShallot.jpg

Lady of Shallot

FloralDreams.jpg

Floral Dreams

Charis.jpg

Charis

I am going for a princessy dress and the tiera. I want to be a princess on my wedding day, since I won't ever get to be one IRL! princess: :bride:

Ooohh... pretty dresses... they are very princessy... :)

Wow, all of those dresses are beautiful! I don't think its ever to early to start looking!

Hi irisbud - I've just read your PJ. Good for you and your wedding plans :)

I really like your choice in wedding dress pics :)

And urghh I wish I had American TV I would love to see those shows they sound like "train wreck TV" LOL

hi irisbud! that camo wedding is horrific. maybe it was a joke!!!

i LOVE all those bride shows on the WE. they got me through my last month or so before my wedding...

don't worry about your age difference. my husband is almost 10 years older than me, and if it wasn't written on paper, you wouldn't even know it!

happy planning!

OOOOHHHHH

i like the 1st & the 3rd dresses!!!!!!!!
& the last tiara!!!!!

congrats on your dftw!!!!

i love platinum weddings & big fat fab wedding too!! also rich bride poor bride & married away!!!!lol good shows!!!!!

i think people that have issues with your age gap need to see that love is not about a number(well unless your under 18 & DF is 45:scared1: ) but you two are adults...i think its great you two "found" each other !!!

i LOVE horses...worked at the "saddle shop" for 5+years in IL!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter