Iron Maiden Fantasmic.

And Disney is not "primarily for kids." :mad:

Sorry, but I must, respectfully, disagree. Disney as a whole, primarily markets to kids. While there are plenty of adults who enjoy it, and some aspects of Disney that are more enticing to adults, the company as a whole is geared towards children, from the parks, shows, rides, and merchandise to the television shows, music, and movies.

BTW, I too was thinking of Eddie in place of the dragon, and a little Number of the Beast to accompany that portion of the show. Mickey fighting Eddie would be pretty cool. They could make a heck of a special show out of it.

Sorry, but I must, respectfully, disagree. Disney as a whole, primarily markets to kids. While there are plenty of adults who enjoy it, and some aspects of Disney that are more enticing to adults, the company as a whole is geared towards children, from the parks, shows, rides, and merchandise to the television shows, music, and movies.

Perhaps we're watching different media. The Disney parks have marketed very, very heavily to the "adults without children" market, including retirees. WDW's popularity as a honeymoon destination, as one example, is not exactly a coincidence--they aggressively sought and obtained a huge portion of that market.

You could always just wear your ipod during the show and cue up some Iron Maiden when the show starts :thumbsup2

I would totally do it.

:laughing: I think that is the first time I've heard Iron Maiden grouped with Kiss.

Me too!

Something came to mind while reading all the "they would never do it" comments....several years ago, someone came to the Imagineering table with..."OK, I have this nutty idea. It's a roller coaster, and there iwll be music with it...this isn't what we usually do, but it's Aerosmith...I know I know, the kids, the kids...but it will be great."

:rolleyes1

Iron Maiden isn't evil music, it's quite good.

They've also banned smoking in the parks (I doubt that move was geared towards adults without children), and closed Pleasure Island.

I never said that they catered EXCLUSIVELY to children, just that they market primarily to children. For each and every example you can come up with showing them marketing to adults without children, there must easily be 20 examples of marketing to children.

I guess at this point, we'll have to agree to disagree, as I don't see any point in carrying this any further. You have your opinion, and I have mine, and that's that.

I would totally do it.

Me too!

Something came to mind while reading all the "they would never do it" comments....several years ago, someone came to the Imagineering table with..."OK, I have this nutty idea. It's a roller coaster, and there iwll be music with it...this isn't what we usually do, but it's Aerosmith...I know I know, the kids, the kids...but it will be great."

:rolleyes1

Iron Maiden isn't evil music, it's quite good.
or the RHCP tunes (although a cover of stevie wonder) on SM at DLR a while back.

Iron Maiden doesn't appeal to the wide ranges of audiences that RHCP or Aerosmith do. And people think "oh Iron Maiden... they're heavy metal... they're evil." i think these people need to take a step back and have a look/listen to them. they're theatrical and musical. it could be worse.

anyways... some people are set in their ways.

bring out eddie instead of the dragon?

I had thought about that but I would rather see Eddie slay a dragon with Mickey rather than Mickey Slay Eddie. Cause the last time Iron Maiden tried to kill off Eddie it did not go over well with fans. But I appreciate everybodys feedback. I might listen to the "Live After Death" album while watching next time.

or the RHCP tunes (although a cover of stevie wonder) on SM at DLR a while back.

Iron Maiden doesn't appeal to the wide ranges of audiences that RHCP or Aerosmith do. And people think "oh Iron Maiden... they're heavy metal... they're evil." i think these people need to take a step back and have a look/listen to them. they're theatrical and musical. it could be worse.

anyways... some people are set in their ways.

I totally understand how someone at first blush might think Iron Maiden was "evil" music. Song titles like "Charlotte the Harlot", "The Number of the Beast" and "Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter" don't exactly make me think of Disney.

Don't get me wrong, I love Iron Maiden. I just don't think they belong at Disney. Of course, I don't think Aerosmith belongs at Disney either, so what do I know. Still love RnRC though!

My favorite remembrance of people with closed minds was this Christian youth tv show I saw that had some kind of expose about the evil in heavy metal music. Instead of pointing out King Diamond or Danzig, they went after the east target: Metallica. The problem was, they showed the cover of Master of Puppets and tried to say that the song was about letting the devil control you. If only they'd listened to the song they would have discovered it was about the evils of drug addiction. :rolleyes1

I would say Disney is defintely "primarily" for kids in my opinion. Or rather, primarily for the young (and the young at heart). Just because they also have things for adults doesn't negate the fact that the overwhelming majority of the place is geared towards kids.

Not it would ever happen, yeah it would be cool.

And if you've never heard Iron Maiden, how can you form an opinion one way or another? ;)
Yes, I have heard and heard of Iron Maiden and no I do not think it would be cool.

:goodvibes I like the idea of trying that with an Ipod. I don't see Fantasmic so often that I'd do it myself, but I can imagine that it would be a great way to freshen things up. I also think that it would make a good after-hours special event!

And Disney is not "primarily for kids." :mad:
No, not primarily for kids, but it is marketed towards families and I don't think Iron Maiden falls into the family friendly market.

No, not primarily for kids, but it is marketed towards families and I don't think Iron Maiden falls into the family friendly market.

Actually, I believe Disney markets to "kids of all ages." I know they are marketing to me and as it relates to Disney, I'm a 40 something year old kid. :)

Actually, I believe Disney markets to "kids of all ages." I know they are marketing to me and as it relates to Disney, I'm a 40 something year old kid. :)
Yes, Disney loves everyone. But, families are Disney's primary marketing target. Families are their bread and butter, it's really marketing 101.

I can base it on the fact that I listen to alot of music and they are not any of it...So there for its what I base my opinion on...if I dont listen to it I obviously dont care for it...right right

That makes no sense whatsoever. That's like me saying I've never tried pizza and I know I won't like it because I eat lots of food, and none of it is pizza, so that obviously means I wouldn't like it. Talk about your flawed circular logic...

Anyway, this is a whacky idea, but I'd wait in line for it!

Maybe we're looking at this from the wrong perspective.

Maybe its not Disney that would object to Iron Maiden, but maybe Iron Maiden would object to appearing at Disney ;)

i think the problem is that the people saying "no it wouldn't be cool." etc... may be taking the original idea od this thread too seriously. ok yeah it's wishful thinking that this would ever happen and those of us who would enjoy iron maiden fantasmic truly do understand and realize that it will never be reality. it would be stupid for us to think that it may one day happen.

at the same time though, who are you to tell this guy that it's not cool to have an idea for something that would appeal to him? really this thread is in place for people like myself who would enjoy it.

hey, i don't like hannah montana and that type of music/image doesn't appeal to me, but i'm not going around hanna montana threads saying it's uncool etc...

edit: Iron Giant - i think you're right! IM would never do disney haha although Bruce Dickenson has written some childrens books.

lol this has to be the most awesome thing ever.:worship:

But anyways...back to the original point of the thread...lets stop focusing on what music is "evil" :lmao: and what Axl meant.

Has anyone else out there ever been to disney and gone...hey you know what this needs...a little ________ (insert your wacky idea here).

I for one think this thread could get quite fun and interesting.

First of all, why is anyone bothering to argue about this? It's just a fun idea.

I think this is funny. I don't know anything about Iron Maiden music but I like the idea of synching one thing with something completely different. We used to watch the Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon all the time and it went perfectly! Then when the CD ended, Vivaldi came on and, I swear, totally synched with the rest of the movie too! We like to watch TV with music in the background and one night, it looked like Bill Cosby was singing the humpty dance!

I'd love to see someone take a video of Fantasmic and synch it to different music. Oh that reminds me of this from a few years ago. Someone edited "Hey Ya" to scenes from a Charlie Brown Christmas!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGnYw-OuCnI

Maybe we're looking at this from the wrong perspective.

Maybe its not Disney that would object to Iron Maiden, but maybe Iron Maiden would object to appearing at Disney ;)

Maybe not. Bruce Dickinson once said that the reason that Iron Maiden stopped touring in the US was because the audience was too old. Unlike all the teenagers that came out to see them in Europe. And lets face it, there are a lot of young faces at WDW. lol

That makes no sense whatsoever. That's like me saying I've never tried pizza and I know I won't like it because I eat lots of food, and none of it is pizza, so that obviously means I wouldn't like it. Talk about your flawed circular logic...

Anyway, this is a whacky idea, but I'd wait in line for it!

I said I dont listen to it never said I havent heard them. I also said I couldnt tell you an Iron Maiden song cause I dont listen to them....

I dont see what is confusing you...If you try a pizza with Sardines but its not what you normally eat cause you dont like it then why cant you have an opinion....:confused3

Like I said I listen to lots of music and Iron Maiden is not any of it...

Talked about your flawed confused responses....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter