Is “Dream”ing of a Larger Cruise Ship a good thing? I do “Wonder”

:lmao: I'm really enjoying the PIO and Queenie banter :lmao:

I also love the non functional butter knife, it's very cute!

The desserts look delicious, glad there are only photos of the desserts and not the mains. After all, dessert is the most important part of the meal! I could have dessert for entree, main and dessert :rotfl:

The desserts look delicious, glad there are only photos of the desserts and not the mains. After all, dessert is the most important part of the meal! I could have dessert for entree, main and dessert :rotfl:
We are a class act who aim to please :teeth:

You are a girl after my own heart...

DESSERT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!!!!

:thumbsup2 So true!

I ALWAYS read the dessert menu first. To determine what my main will be! I never want to over indulged in an entree or main and not have room for dessert :cake: .
Oh I don't worry with that...

I always have a Dessert Stomach...always...

Ooohhhh.....Someone with a very fine sense of humour! Thanks for the appreciation. (Tho' some of the others might be shaking their heads because you're encouraging us).

Like Queenie said....we aim to please. :thumbsup2

Wow Queenie. An Anniversary and a birthday? Didn't the Dream roll out the red carpet for your family?

Ooohhhh.....Someone with a very fine sense of humour! Thanks for the appreciation. (Tho' some of the others might be shaking their heads because you're encouraging us).

Like Queenie said....we aim to please. :thumbsup2

Wow Queenie. An Anniversary and a birthday? Didn't the Dream roll out the red carpet for your family?

On the Wonder you got what was like a square of a MASSIVE sponge cake. Bigger...very nice...but the same for every 'celebration.'

On the Dream everyone got one of the mass produced chocolate mousse cakes...

I'm not saying it isn't nice. But it is the same for everyone :rotfl2:

I really loved the food in Royal Palace. It was my favourite from the rotation. I thought Enchanted Garden was the prettiest but Animators Palate didn't particularly impress me either. Although I had nothing to compare to, there was all the hype about it and the technology behind it blah, blah blah and to be honest I was underwhelmed. The Crush thing was annoying as we are a like to keep to ourselves and out of the centre of attention and it was embarrassing when Crush spoke to us and had trouble understanding our Aussie accents. :confused3 :headache: So we had to constantly repeat ourselves.

I do agree about the servers. After hearing about the amazing service I was a little disappointed. There wasn't anything wrong with them but they just weren't that great. I can't even remember our main servers name as he was hardly around and the assistant although nice told us he couldn't wait for his contract to end so he could go back to England.

The head server was amazing though we shared the same name but as he is Italian he told us how his was pronounced differently. He also got P a Tinkerbell light up for her drink to get her to eat her veggies. :wizard:

I really loved the food in Royal Palace. It was my favourite from the rotation. I thought Enchanted Garden was the prettiest but Animators Palate didn't particularly impress me either. Although I had nothing to compare to, there was all the hype about it and the technology behind it blah, blah blah and to be honest I was underwhelmed. The Crush thing was annoying as we are a like to keep to ourselves and out of the centre of attention and it was embarrassing when Crush spoke to us and had trouble understanding our Aussie accents. :confused3 :headache: So we had to constantly repeat ourselves.

I do agree about the servers. After hearing about the amazing service I was a little disappointed. There wasn't anything wrong with them but they just weren't that great. I can't even remember our main servers name as he was hardly around and the assistant although nice told us he couldn't wait for his contract to end so he could go back to England.

The head server was amazing though we shared the same name but as he is Italian he told us how his was pronounced differently. He also got P a Tinkerbell light up for her drink to get her to eat her veggies. :wizard:

I'm sorry you also had disappointing servers. It is something MANY have said about the Dream. :hug:
As 4 adults we don't expect much. Something DCL servers are known for is their dealing with Children...but not only were our servers incapable of that. (neither were much help to the parents of our neighbouring tables) They couldn't get a cup of tea promptly.

The Wonder wasn't perfect. But our servers were a TEAM. They were mates. The "main" server was lovely but it was his last sailing on this contract and so it was bittersweet for them. [He DIDN'T want to go...]
The drinks server was lovely and accommodating for the families he was also working with. It DID have the Disney magic.
They were such a hard working and wonderful pair.
The last night the ship was ROCKING and our main server was carrying trays of about 10 meals at a time!

All I wanted was prompt service... :confused3

I know it's been said by some you shouldn't 'compare' but I have a simple goal here...

Disney have changed more than the size of the ship. The staffing, shows and approach are quite different too. So I don't want anyone to "dismiss" the Magic or Wonder thinking this will be "better".

They both have pros and cons. But Disney HAVE stuffed up in quite a few places for the Dream sadly :rolleyes:

queenie82 said:
They both have pros and cons. But Disney HAVE stuffed up in quite a few places for the Dream sadly :rolleyes:
I have read this in a few places and I am hoping that they have rectified alot of these issues and complaints for the Fantasy. We are on the 3rd sailing for the Fantasy, and whilst we are expecting some hiccups, I would have thought that the Dream would have been an ideal practice. We loved the Magic and depending on how this next cruise pans out, we may be back on the smaller ships next time ourselves.

I loved all the pics. The service and food have gone down on alot of the ships. Are those standard desserts on the menu? They look really good. I love Carnivals Warm chocolate melting cake. I will have pictures up in my TR. Cant wait to see more and hear about more. Thanks for sharing.

OTHER DINING

Disney also offers premium adult only dining on their ships. On the Disney Dream they offer Palo and Remy. I didn’t dine at either but on the tour about the Disney Dream ‘design’ shows you around.

They are both approached from the elevator at one end of the ship off the most stunning of all the elevator lobbies.

PC032995.jpg

PC032997.jpg

This is the ladies restroom next to the stairwell and serves both restaurants…and anyone else in the area technically…

PC033007.jpg

PC033008.jpg

There is also a bar between the two restaurants

PC032998.jpg

PC033002.jpg

PC033004.jpg

PC033005.jpg

Palo is Venetian themed and Italian food. It is I believe $25 surcharge per person. It looks lovely and sounds lovely. The “Private dining room” I didn’t get a photo of however what it is, is a huge round table. Seating up to 12 I would think. So not aimed at couples really. Although it does offer a small window to where the chef prepares the food. But it is in no way intimate.

PC033001.jpg

PC033029.jpg

PC033030.jpg

PC033021.jpg

PC033022.jpg

PC033023.jpg

PC033024.jpg

PC033025.jpg

PC033026.jpg

PC033027.jpg

PC033028.jpg

Remy has a $75 surcharge per person and looks and sounds amazing. It has subtle “Remy” the movie hints and little design hint throughout.
It is French dining and I would definitely have tried to get a booking had I realised the ‘regular’ dining would be so disappointing and this so amazing. Although having said that I’d only truly appreciate it dining there with my DBF :love: My foodie.

PC033000.jpg

PC033052.jpg

PC033054.jpg

PC033053.jpg

PC033031.jpg

PC033033.jpg

PC033034.jpg

PC033035.jpg

The Private dining room here is made to look like the restaurant in the movie and is a more intimate space. I would request it.

PC033039.jpg

PC033040.jpg

PC033041.jpg

PC033047.jpg

PC033046.jpg

PC033045.jpg

PC033036.jpg

PC033042.jpg

(Yes I love these crystal decorations)

PC033037.jpg

The silverware they use is SOO expensive they only bring it out at dining and it immediately gets removed, counted, washed, polished, and locked away at the end.

The decorations and details in Remy had me in awe. I didn’t want to go. If only for the peace and quiet :rolleyes:

Do you see Remy?

PC033032.jpg

PC033048.jpg

PC033044.jpg

This is a unique, custom, one of a kind Crystal Remy

PC033049.jpg

PC033050.jpg

I can’t remember what this is called but I was told there are only 2 in the world….

PC033051.jpg

The one that you say is not intimate, they call that the chefs table on carnival. That is so beautiful inside. If I ever get on a disney cruise, I would try remy. Thanks for sharing. Awesome pictures! I bet the food is fantastic!

I think I like the decor of Remy better too.

But I could be persuaded to try out Palo as well, assuming that someone drugged me to the hilt. :teeth:

The one that you say is not intimate, they call that the chefs table on carnival. That is so beautiful inside. If I ever get on a disney cruise, I would try remy. Thanks for sharing. Awesome pictures! I bet the food is fantastic!
Yes I would sort of call it that too. But it is a tiny window that can slide open...so I don't think they want to give a false impression.

So THEY call it the 'private dining room'. Which it sort of is for a group...which is often what might be requested by a bridal party for example.

Of course at the other end of the scale is Cabanas.

This is where you can eat lunch on DAY ONE of a cruise assuming you don’t take Disney transport and only arrive at 3pm…

This is also where the Pirate night buffet takes place, as well as Breakfast on disembarkation day should you choose not to go to your allocated restaurant.

It’s a lovely restaurant and relaxed….so far as any restaurant filled with children can be :headache:

I went visited between dining times to take some photos of the décor….

Moine….Moine…..Moine..Moine.. MOINE MOINE MOINE!!!!!

PC032989.jpg

PC032988.jpg

PC032972.jpg

These are “sandcastles” of each of the castles across the world…

PC032973.jpg

PC032974.jpg

PC032975.jpg

PC032976.jpg

PC032977.jpg

PC032978.jpg

PC032979.jpg

PC032981.jpg

PC032983.jpg

PC032984.jpg

PC032985.jpg

PC032986.jpg

PC032987.jpg

There is one on each side of the ship…each slightly different

PC032990.jpg

PC032991.jpg

PC032992.jpg

PC032993.jpg

PC032994.jpg

Noice! Noice! Noice!

Love the sandcastles and the murals. But I didn't see any children?? :confused3

:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter