Is $25 a day enough??

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
Hi! We will be in Orlando for 14 days in December. We are two adults, no kids. We are staying off-site for 5 nights to do Sea World, IOA, Gatorland, etc. and then at the Wilderness Lodge for 9 nights to do Disney stuff.

We have our budget all worked out. We have budgeted in money for almost everything - rooms, tickets, parking, gas, all meals, phone charges, mini golf, etc.

Now we have to set our daily budget for "extras". Extras in our case would be only snacks and drinks in the parks and souvinieres. We plan to buy less junk this year, since we already have a ton of that! We would like to buy a few Disney Christmas ornaments and maybe a sweatshirt for each of us. Do you think that $350 would be enough "extra" for the 14 days? That would be $25 per day. I figured that some days we would spend less, and some days more. Do you think we will be OK with that budget?

On past trips, we have budgeted $50 per days and always had some left. We also bought lots of stuff in the past and now we are out of room in the house, so DH says NO MORE STUFF! So, I am hoping that $25 per day would be alright. We are trying to cut the budget a little because this trip comes so close to Christmas and we both have large families to buy gifts for!:)

If you aren't planning on buying much that should be plenty. We go in August and the only real extra expense we have is water. Even then, we spend less than $25/day.

If you have a AAA card, all merchandise and food at the Universal parks are l0% off.

For our Dec. trip, dh and I have each budgeted $20/day, except for one day, for which we each have $100. This is considerably less than I've spent in the past, but we were just there in September, and I have a list of what I'm hoping to find, so the $280 I have should be okay. I hope! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter