Is a copy of a Birth Cert. acceptable?

Mark P.

DIS Veteran
Both our kids are under 9, but thought we'd bring a copy (if it's acceptable) just in case...

Thanks!

Not sure why you would need them, but, I am sure they will be acceptable if you ever need them.

I travel all the time with my 7 year old DD, and we have different last name "since I chose to keep mine when got married." I have never been asked for her ID. I do take a copy of her birth certificate with me always just incase.

For whatever it's worth, both of my kids (age 5 and 7) were randomly selected by the computer to be searched on the way to WDW 2 weeks ago. TSA told us that kids are not searched, so they searched my wife and I instead. They did not ask for any ID on the kids. If they were checking for children's ID's, I'd think that ones singled out for a search would need them, which we did not. I've never heard of anyone actually having to provide this for a child. Most people don't have it with them at the airport, so what would be the point?

A birth certificate all by itself proves nothing, except perhaps that a baby by the name of xxx was born on xx/xx/xxat xxx place. It certainly doesn't prove that a particular child is the one named on the birth certificate.

Unless the child is traveling out of the country without both parents along, there shouldn't be any problem if minors do not have any form of ID with them.

Do check your airlines for any exceptions. For example, I've heard that SWA requires proof of age if you want your infant to travel as a lap child (rather than buy him/her a seat).

Enjoy your trip!

I think the OP is asking if birth certificate copies are acceptable to Disney as proof for Child parkhoppers. It's my understanding that Disney has a solid policy of taking your word for your children's ages, so it's unlikely you'd need even that. I'm sure should the question somehow arise, though, ia photocopy would be fine.

Just be glad you're not travelling abroad, though. We have to bring our son's passport. :)

Ciao,
Mort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter