Is anyone driving soon, or have driven from Montreal?

crusnprincesses

Co-founder of the Yummy Mummys
Need tips, advice, etc. on driving from Montreal end of April.
You know, the regular where to stay, when to stop, etc. routine. No time limit, so we can go at our own pace...
Thanks

PS - Come see me at the Dixie Stampede, starting June 19th in Orlando!!!

What is the Dixie Stampede? And for how long?

As far as driving advice, can't help you.

Sorry
Scratch
:smooth:

We drove a couple of years ago and we got a Triptik from CAA. As I recal we took the I-87 which eventully turns into the I-95. We stopped in Lorton, Virginia and on our second night we stopped in Hilton Head which was out of the way. We arrived in Orlando around 3:00PM the following day.

Wish I could be of more help! Do not remember doing or stopping anywhere interesting except South of the Border. We made the trip in the summer with Ma and Pa, two kids and Grandma. The heat in Florida was unbearable- there was a heat wave during that time. We actually left a few days early and that trip has the distinction of being named the Vacation From Hell!!

Your best bet would be to get a Triptik from CAA and there is also a website www.usastar.com/i95 which has tons of info on restaurants, hotels, traffic etc. If you go to the Transportation Board you might get some better info.

Hope this helps!

Louise

We are making the long drive in a couple of weeks. We have done it several times. We will be driving straight through. Leaving early afternoon, driving through the night, and hopefully arriving by noon the next day. We cross over to the USA at 1000 Islands and take I81 down into Virginia. We cut across from I81 to I95 by using I66 then route 17. That way we miss both Baltimore and Washington DC. My folks who live just off the West Island also take the same route. they feel that the swing west at the start is no longer and they avoid the same cities we try to.

John

I was born and raised in the West Island...(Beaconsfield) That is interesting about going through at 1000 Islands, I now live near Hudson, sort of on the way to Ontario border...I will look into that, thanks.

Dixie Stampede is Dolly Parton's new Dinner show being constructed in the Little Lake Bryan area of Lake Buena Vista(Orlando Premium Outlet Mall etc) I was a little skeptical at first, but it seems, in the words of a WDW management official "this is going to blow everything in the Orlando attractions area away"
I am riding in the performance segment of the show...this will be a permanent venue in Orlando...check it out at www.dixiestampede.com

see ya there! "EH?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter