Is Chapek on the verge of being fired?

I don’t hear shareholder outrage at profits, just disappointment at D+ subscriber growth. Because of that I really doubt any changes are coming for Chapek.

Then why are people on Chapek for not attending? I don’t like him but this seems strange
When one extremely reputable Disney Park vlogger reported that Chapek was no longer attending and reported the rumors that Chapek had gotten booed at a park and there was concern that he would get booed at D23, Disney PR got nasty with attacking the one vlogger for reporting the situation By denying Chapek was never scheduled to attend.

He would have been booed.
With the shares not performing well, he would never be filmed being booed by a room full of Disney’s fans. This would have been PR suicide as it would have been picked up in most mainstream media.
Personally I think there will be consequences to treating guests with such disdain. It will come.

When one extremely reputable Disney Park vlogger reported that Chapek was no longer attending and reported the rumors that Chapek had gotten booed at a park and there was concern that he would get booed at D23, Disney PR got nasty with attacking the one vlogger for reporting the situation By denying Chapek was never scheduled to attend.
Um yeah, they're not highly reputable.

I don't believe this scenario at all. But lets say it was true - who is the likely successor? The Disney board has always had a problem with their succession plans.
It’s not so much the board, and more the CEO lining one up. Eisner never had plans of stepping down, and only when the writing was on the wall did he name Iger. I think lining up a successor will be looked back as Igers biggest failure, he had “the guy”, and lost him multiple times. With how fresh his tenure is, there’s no way chapek has even started to evaluate a successor, if he really does get the bump, it may be one of the few times Disney has to look outside the company for a replacement

The analysts are still bullish on the stock. The directors have no basis to fire him
I disagree, I think the stock has been overvalued, and considered a “safe” stock due to COVID, mainly bc of how well their streaming subs were doing. That being said, 1 bad quarter does not a trend make, and he would have to tie 3 or 4 together before any real discussions of removal started happening IMO

I disagree, I think the stock has been overvalued, and considered a “safe” stock due to COVID, mainly bc of how well their streaming subs were doing. That being said, 1 bad quarter does not a trend make, and he would have to tie 3 or 4 together before any real discussions of removal started happening IMO
What I said was fact based on reports. Not opinion. I’m not a Wall St analyst

You make it sound like that was their plan for the beginning haha. Everyone definitely knew COVID would come along, and Chapek was only temporary

I believe it was, not the COVID piece but them hiring him just to be fired/move on. Like Q-man said, he was the hatchet man. Hired to clean up and make unpopular changes then ride off into the sunset. Not that it's coming any time soon but within the next 5 years, depending how much damage is done in within that time. He's not someone you're going to see with the job for 15+ years.

I believe it was, not the COVID piece but them hiring him just to be fired/move on. Like Q-man said, he was the hatchet man. Hired to clean up and make unpopular changes then ride off into the sunset. Not that it's coming any time soon but within the next 5 years, depending how much damage is done in within that time. He's not someone you're going to see with the job for 15+ years.
I would say that it’s rare that any company does that, and definitely not one that is considered a world class company, and is constantly innovating. That would make more sense for a struggling company like GE, but not for one like Disney.

Also what would have stopped Iger from making those changes on his way out the door, he still has a pretty big say in the direction of the company, so he would have to co-sign a lot of these decisions.

I understand people don’t like Chapek, (for me, the jury is still out), but this is getting a little outlandish IMO

No. He was brought in to put in place ideas that the Board has had for years. He will take all the negative vibe, put in place all the cuts that are wanted. Then the Board will suddenly realize all the "bad things" he has done and remove him and bring in their "hero", as he leaves with a HUGE golden parachute. They will not be able to Undo all the evil things Bob has done but will make an effort to improve things. This has been done in many other corporations. Nothing new to see here.

Several Vlogers have noted that Chapek was scheduled to appear. if he had a true conflict, he could have done a live feed appearance or a taped “Welcome to D23”……..At the 50th anniversary debacle, he didn't even thank or acknowledge the fans in attendance.

Then why are people on Chapek for not attending? I don’t like him but this seems strange

Because he was SUPPOSED to be. And traditionally he normally would be. And because people aren't stupid - they know the reason his plans abruptly changed is because of PR reasons, with the quarter results etc... As others said, if it was a true conflict he would have done a quick live feed, taped a video etc...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter