Is Disney's New 'Star Wars'-Inspired Hotel Turning Into A Flop?

I think Disney really missed the mark on Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser because Disney has hardly promoted it at all with the lack of no commercials for it or anything else relating to it and I can't really understand why people would pay big money to stay there when the experience is not worth it. If people played a game show like Press Your Luck or The Price Is Right or Let's Make A Deal you can bet The Price Is Right would choose this as a Showcase prize or Let's Make A Deal would make something like this as The Big Deal prize. If Disney had promoted this the right way they should've just made a Star Wars themed resort instead complete with Star Wars themed rooms restaurants with Star Wars themed food and character breakfasts complete with meet and greets with characters such as Han Solo Luke Skywalker Chewbacca Princess Leia Rey Kylo Ren Boba Fett Darth Vader and other Star Wars characters too and have Star Wars activities throughout the day such as Jedi Training helping Mando take care of Grogu and other activities as well and it would've been a Star Wars version of the popular Great Wolf Lodge chain of hotels. But I think that Disney for a long time had a big dream of opening a Star Wars themed resort and this seemed to be that dream. But had Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser offered people more exciting things and made longer voyages rather than just two day short voyages it would've been a smash hit. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney adds a Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser to Disneyland in the future as well. But I do agree with Boopuff that Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser will turn itself into a regular resort in the future if they don't improve it more
My family loves the original trilogy. If they had made a deluxe resort with themed rooms like Endor, Tatooine and Hoth and filled the lobby with real movie memorabilia and cool themed restaurants and character meet and greets like you said, we would probably go. Their refusal to give fans of the original trilogy (or even the new trilogy) anything is infuriating. From what I understand, none of the characters in the role play are characters from the movie, nor is the storyline directly connected to the movies. Where are the cute interactive Porgs, real R2-D2s roaming the hallways to bring you towels, or other fun Star Wars movie tie-ins?

I am booked for September. I can tell you that so far, Disney has been adding extra service options instead of reducing them. (newest is face painting - they should offer hair too, imo)

The trip reports in the FB groups I'm in are overwhelmingly positive. People love the jam packed pace of the experience - there is simply no room for down time. Even 10 minutes to change for dinner becomes challenging, and several opt to skip it. We are already park commando type people, so this is perfect for us. Lots of commando park goes on this forum - the idea that Disney will be forced to make this a more relaxed pace resort seems illogical. It wasn't built to offer that, and doesn't make sense to pound that square peg.

I know I booked -because- it is a LARP experience. I am old enough that I was bitten by the Star Wars bug when the original trilogy came out. My adult son and his friend are joining us in our cabin.

Rumor has it that they are looking to change up the story line every handful of years, and I already know that I want to experience that when it comes out. There are now two groups that intend to charter the whole 'sailing' for a cosplay-only trip. One of the two is adults only.

From my side of the information, I think the reports of the early demise or LARP stripping of the Starcruiser seems awfully premature.

I can’t believe I haven’t seen any weddings on this thing, or even in Oga’s. With how hard Disney is going on weddings, seems like the Star Wars flavor should be for sale!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter