Is Disneyworld doing the same thing as Disneyland???

LeahA

DIS Veteran
I heard on the news that Disneyland was going to start using some sort of beam to check kids height at the front gate, they would then get a wrist band to prove to cm's at the rides entrance which rides they can go on for their height.

I was just wondering if Disneyworld was going to do the same thing?

I'm sorry if this was already a thread and I missed it.

Leah :)

I haven't heard about this yet, but what a great idea! I do hope they implement this at Disney World. It would be really helpful for all those children that are "just" at the right height and would avoid the problems that come with some CM's allowing them to ride and others saying no. :)

I love this pro-active response to the need but......

Sorry for the negative response, but I just see kids changing out wrist-bands with each other. Especially if they are like the ones that the hospitals use. Trust me as a kid we could slip these things on and off at will.

Robin,

In theory it seems like a good idea, however, I think it'll probably be up to the parents to keep an eye on any wristband swapping, but then, some parents sneak their kids on rides now, so what would stop them with the wristband situation.

I think it just would be hard to explain to a child that they previously rode a ride, but now they can't. I know my son, who's 4-1/2 wouldn't understand.

Leah :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter