• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is FOP supposed to do this?

DLgal

DIS Veteran
Okay, so my husband and I rode FoP for the first time last month, on the same day, one after the other. I rode first because I was trying to determine suitability of the ride for our autistic son who has a LOT of sensory issues, but wanted to try it after watching a You Tube video.

In talking about my experience (and my husband had the same experience as me) with friends who have ridden the ride, they seemed to not experience this one particular thing that made me say "no way" to my son riding it, and which frankly annoyed the heck out of ME during the ride.

Is the seat supposed to vibrate on the chest plate several times during the ride, with an audible vibrating noise and a feeling like you are receiving an electric shock? It was like these quick jolting vibrations, and it happened throughout the ride. I could not figure out what purpose this serves and it really started bothering me towards the end. I knew my son would not be able to tolerate that at all. In addition, the strobe effects at the beginning and end would have done him in as well, so it was a no go.

When my husband got off he said "Yeah, as soon as it started vibrating, I knew L wouldn't be able to handle it."

When I mentioned that to 3 different friends who have ridden, they had no idea what I was talking about and couldn't remember it at all.

Come to think of it, I don't recall feeling the banshee "breathe" and am now wondering if this effect was malfunctioning and I was feeling vibrations instead.

Tell me I'm not crazy and the vibrations are part of the ride. Or confirm that they aren't, and something was broken.

Yes, it does vibrate around the chest part at the beginning If it takes longer to start ( like if someone is having a hard time with the set) one thing you can do ( I do this) is just not lean all the way up when the set comes up.

I thought the vibration was supposed an effect to represent the bonding of you to your banshee. It only happened to me once, out of a total of 5 or 6 rides.

I rode it 3 times and it happened each time. I did not perceive it as a jolt or shock and mine hit me in the upper stomach/waist area. In fact, it really tickled me and I couldn't stop laughing each time it did it. But it was weird for sure. I can't hardly remember the movie so I have no idea it what the purpose was for it but I figured it had something to do with "fusing" with your avatar or something.

I rode it 3 times and it happened each time. I did not perceive it as a jolt or shock and mine hit me in the upper stomach/waist area. In fact, it really tickled me and I couldn't stop laughing each time it did it. But it was weird for sure. I can't hardly remember the movie so I have no idea it what the purpose was for it but I figured it had something to do with "fusing" with your avatar or something.

Yes, that's a good way to describe it. It was like a tickle. But for me, it was VERY strong and I did not like it at all and I couldn't escape it as I was in pretty tightly. I know my son would have FREAKED OUT at that sensation, so I'm glad I tried it first.

It's just so weird that none of the people I talked to could remember that at all, and looked at me like I had three heads when I mentioned it.

I thought the vibration was supposed an effect to represent the bonding of you to your banshee. It only happened to me once, out of a total of 5 or 6 rides.

Mine happened throughout the ride. At least 7 or 8 times. It was quite annoying.

It only vibrated for me when the ride vehicle went upside down.
:rotfl:(I chose that emoji because it rolled upside down)

It can’t go upside down, but the effect during the spiraling down barrel roll is more convincing than I thought possible.

Some rides seem to have a better/more noticeable breathing effect.
I only recall the “shocking” in the pre-show

I've gotten the vibration at the beginning when you "bond" to the banshee. I have noticed it after that. There is the "breathing" throughout the ride that you notice.

my daughters have autism (mild) and we are riding it for the first time for them on Monday. So, I am anxious to see how they do.

my daughters have autism (mild) and we are riding it for the first time for them on Monday. So, I am anxious to see how they do.

Hopefully you've warned them a bit about the tickling/vibration/shocking when they are waiting for the ride to start. I wasn't prepared for it so it was surprising.

Hopefully you've warned them a bit about the tickling/vibration/shocking when they are waiting for the ride to start. I wasn't prepared for it so it was surprising.
I don't remember feeling that but they are more attuned to those things than I am.

I definitely close my eyes for the strobe part in the beginning and the end. I don't remember the breathing part on the chest as much as on the inner thighs.

We've ridden it a lot and felt both the bonding/vibrating and the breathing. I think for the bonding/vibrating the difference is how tight you are pushed in from the back. The tighter they push you in the more you feel it in the chest. At least that's my opinion.

We've only ridded FOP once and did feel the tingling sensation in the beginning. My 13 year old grandson (an immature 13) actually started crying but me and his aunt on the other side of him tried to explain that is was just an effect and he got over it pretty quickly and loved the rest of the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter