Is it at all possible to beat $269/night at HRH?

Frances999

DIS Veteran
Hello :wave2:

I have a reservation made for the Hard Rock Hotel for April 9th to April 13th. It is costing $269 per night + tax :eek: :eek: :earseek:

I have tried all of the promo codes (like AAA/APH/etc) but it seems impossible to beat the rack rate.

The entertainment rate also is not showing up as available on their website.

Does anybody have any hints on how I can beat this price??

Thankyou

:wave2:

It's Easter weekend. It will be difficult to get a discounted rate at this late date.

Did you try hotwire.com? There is a 4 1/2 star hotel available in the universal/sea world area that might be hard rock for $150/night. But if it isn't, you are stuck with it.

According to mousesavers, if it has the golf course sign and is 4 1/2 stars it probably is hard rock.

Thankyou for your replies!

I am extremely tempted to try hotwire but I really am not brave enough! I would have to be 99% sure it was HRH in order to book it.

Thanks again

Mousavers says "On the page that displays star ratings, amenities and prices (before you purchase), all three Universal hotels will have the following distinctive icons under Amenities: Golf Course Nearby, Tennis Court Nearby, Children's Activities."

However, there is a 4.5 star like you said damo, but it doesn't list 'Children's activities' - therefore can it definitely not be the HRH?

Thankyou

I looked several places online and couldn't find any better rate than the $269 you found. You can call 1-800-BEASTAR to check on entertainment rates. The only thing I could find that was less expensive than $269 is a standard room at RPR for $239 which would save you a $120 (pre tax).

Originally posted by Frances999
Mousavers says "On the page that displays star ratings, amenities and prices (before you purchase), all three Universal hotels will have the following distinctive icons under Amenities: Golf Course Nearby, Tennis Court Nearby, Children's Activities."

However, there is a 4.5 star like you said damo, but it doesn't list 'Children's activities' - therefore can it definitely not be the HRH?

Thankyou

I think you're right. I checked just about every date from now til September and according to those criteria, the Universal Hotels are never available. That's too bad because it looked like such a good deal.

Try "Hotel Plus Destinations Portal" on line. You should be able to get a rate of $229/night for HRH. We just did the same thing. Good Luck.

Thankyou so much JRLATL !! We just cancelled our $269/night reservation and made a new reservation with Hotel Plus Destinations Portal at $229/night ! For some reason RPR is being quoted at $239/night, yet HRH only $229/night!

Thanks again!

Thanks again JRLATL :)

I take it you have booked with Hotel Plus Destinations Portal? They seem really good, we have received a confirmation email from them, but have you also received an email direct from the HRH reservation system as well as the confirmation from the site (I did for my now cancelled reservation)?

Thankyou

Hi Frances999 - That's a good question. I also have received a confirmation from Hotel Plus and not Hard Rock. I know it is done that way sometimes, but I didn't want to take a chance, so I first called Hotel Plus and asked if we should receive one, they said it is up to the hotel whether they also send a confirmation. They told me HRH had confirmed with them. I then called HRH and told reservations that I just wanted to confirm since I had booked on-line. He had all the info and we were confirmed. It does make me feel better. Let me know if you need any numbers if you want to do the same. We should all have a great time.

Thankyou again JRLATL :D

Which telephone number did you call to contact HRH and have them confirm your reservation?

thankyou again JRLATL you are so helpful, I really appreciate it!

I'll give them a call to check it all - better to be safe than sorry!

How do you find this "Hotel Destinations Portal on line? Is there a website? I also have a $269 ressie for Christmastime at the Hard Rock and would love to find a better rate.
Could you post a link to this website so I can see if there might be a discount for me also?
Thank you so much!!!!
Pomcoach::MinnieMo

Thank you so much for the link! I tried it and they also offer Hard Rock Hotel for my dates at the same $269. But thank you anyway. I'll just keep watching.
Pomcoach::MinnieMo

Thanks for the hotel portal site. I just booked last minute trip April 11 - 14 at Hard Rock for $229... not great, but way better than $269

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter