• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is it worth a split stay for EEH?

Natalia1302

Earning My Ears
Hi all! :wave:

I have a question regarding the EEH. I will be going with my parents at the end of September. Staying on POP, but wondering if a split stay will be better to use the EEH? We are planning on buying 6 days tickets. My parents are 65 years old and, while my mom is super active my dad no so much (he has a bad/twisted foot that needs surgery, but not DAS, and too proud to use a wheelchair or a scooter). We will do HS and MK twice while AK and EP only one day.

Do you recommend doing a split stay in a deluxe to benefit from EEH or September is expected to have low crowds so not really worth it?

Thanks!

I think you would be better off spending the extra money on a special thing in the park like a dessert party or something. You have plenty of park days. Are you planning to use genie+? EEH are only 2 hours and best for folks who can run ride to ride..

Perfect! Thanks for the tip since my dad won't be able to run from one ride to another. So, I can expend the extra money in Genie+ or the dessert party.
:thanks:

I agree with katyringo, EEH are super fast….in Epcot it’s not impossible, but super hard to do everything (being the park enormous and the rides really far from each other). MK it’s easier, but you have to go fast….

I agree with katyringo, EEH are super fast….in Epcot it’s not impossible, but super hard to do everything (being the park enormous and the rides really far from each other). MK it’s easier, but you have to go fast….
Thanks for the advice! With my father with his hurt foot it is imposible to be fast. So I will save those dollars and invest in genie+. :thanks:

It depends on what dates in Sept. you go. I was there the last week in August which spread into the first week of Sept. last year and everything was a walk on with the occasional 20 min. wait here or there. My son and his family were there 2 weeks later and they said it was very crowded. I'll be honest, with 2 days at MK and HS, I don't even see a need for Genie +. Your parents are probably not going to want to ride some of the rides at MK or even HS. I'm 66 and can't remember the last time I rode some of them. In MK I usually ride HM, JC, BTMR, Pirates, CoP, Peoplemover. Sometimes I'll ride WTP or PP and maybe once every 5 years Small World. I can't ride SM, it hurts. Have no desire to ride Buzz - I can't ever tell what I'm actually hitting. I might try for Tron but if I don't get a VQ it's no big deal. I don't ride any of the smaller kids rides. At HS I do ride most rides but don't ride RNRC - it hurts or Star Tours - makes me sick. I can ride the rides in GE or not and frankly I can ride MMRR or not. I love ToT, SDD, TSMM and the shows. But in 2 days they can easily hit all the rides in HS. Yes, they may have to wait in line but Dad can get a cane or rollator to rest his foot.

It depends on what dates in Sept. you go. I was there the last week in August which spread into the first week of Sept. last year and everything was a walk on with the occasional 20 min. wait here or there. My son and his family were there 2 weeks later and they said it was very crowded. I'll be honest, with 2 days at MK and HS, I don't even see a need for Genie +. Your parents are probably not going to want to ride some of the rides at MK or even HS. I'm 66 and can't remember the last time I rode some of them. In MK I usually ride HM, JC, BTMR, Pirates, CoP, Peoplemover. Sometimes I'll ride WTP or PP and maybe once every 5 years Small World. I can't ride SM, it hurts. Have no desire to ride Buzz - I can't ever tell what I'm actually hitting. I might try for Tron but if I don't get a VQ it's no big deal. I don't ride any of the smaller kids rides. At HS I do ride most rides but don't ride RNRC - it hurts or Star Tours - makes me sick. I can ride the rides in GE or not and frankly I can ride MMRR or not. I love ToT, SDD, TSMM and the shows. But in 2 days they can easily hit all the rides in HS. Yes, they may have to wait in line but Dad can get a cane or rollator to rest his foot.
Thanks for the input. You are right that my dad won't want to ride many rides (last time he went -2011- he did not want to ride ToT or RNRC). He wants to try all of SW rides since he is a fan.

I will look out for a rollator for his foot. I did not think about that. Thanks!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter